GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by morgan123

1. M

DIY Garages in DFW?

Hey there, Just moved to Dallas, and I'm renting an apartment. Of course that means that I can't work on my car anymore, which sucks. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with one of those DIY garages in the area? As far as I can tell, there's only one anymore but it's in Denton...
  2. M

Power fuse to amp keeps blowing

As said in the title, the fuse on the power cable running to the back on my amp keeps blowing. I would've thought that it was just because I am overloading the amp but it hasn't been a problem for over 2 years, just now and I haven't changed anything. Yes I know it's not a fancy cable brand...
  3. M

VW shop in North Alabama (and beyond)

There is air in my master cylinder and my brakes are dangerously spongy so I need to find someone reputable who has VAG-COM I've used Johnsons Foreign before in Huntsville, but I just called and he said they're really behind it'd be 7-10 days. Anyone knows of another place I can take it?
  4. M

Weaker pedal feel after brake flush

Last week I changed rotors, pads, and brake fluid. I had my calipers off, and thus my lines exposed (albeit taped down) to the atmosphere for a week. I knew I was going to do a brake flush so I wasn't too worried about it. While taking off the calipers, fluid leaked out of course, but when I...
  5. M

What to replace with suspension install

Soon I will be installing new shocks/struts and springs. I have read so many different things on that to replace and what to keep. I will keep all my bolts except for the pinch bolts (the triple square 14mm). My car has 76k on it. Do you guys think I should replace the strut mounts? What...
  6. M

Mk6 H&R Sport Springs on mk5

As the title says, has anyone run mk6 h&r sport springs on a mk5? I've done research and as far as I know they will definitely fit, but I know the springs rates are different. For mk5 (TSI), lowering: front: 0.9 rear: 0.8 for mk6, lowering: front: 1.2...
  7. M

Quieting down exhaust - suggestions

Hey folks, I've got a 3" Magnaflow Catback along with a Uncatted Eurojet Downpipe and while I love the sound and the gurgling, it is time to quiet it down a bit. I've thought about hooking back my OEM CB but I heard videos of uncatted DP + OEM CB and I just didn't like it... too raspy...
  8. M

Boost Leak Test Question

I have a whistle at 15 psi boost after installing a FMIC so I decided to do the boost leak test where you manufacter a PVC cap, pop a stem valve in, pop it on the intake hose. I've got a boost gauge to check the pressure, and I removed the oil cap. BUT I cannot seem to get even close to amount...
  9. M

Sidemarkers stolen

This has been awhile ago but I had my clear sidemarkers stolen off my GTI while sitting in the parking lot of Logans while I was eating. I'm finally getting around to buying colormatched ones (been running the oem ones) and was wondering, has anyone else had theirs stolen? Any quick fix to...
  10. M

DSG Transmission Leak

I have a 09 TSI CBFA GTI with a Stage 1 APR Tune. Sorry it's a little story but I would appreciate your feedback! About a month ago I got into an accident: three cars (I was the second car) and a fourth car didn't and rammed into us so I got sandwiched. The front was pretty badly messed up, aka...
  11. M

FS 18" OEM Huffs

SOLD SOLD SOLD FS are my oem Huffs off a 09 gti. All have minor curb rash on edges but nothing major or extremely visible. See pictures and I do have high-res and more pictures for the interested. minor scuffing on a couple places where the bolts go (done by tire place because they cant bolt on...
  12. M

What is this called?

Okay, stupid question probably but when painting my calipers the other day I noticed this rubber part holding my springs together. I'm assuming it's a dampener of some sorts but the problem is that both (they're only on front) are completely torn and basically useless, so I want to replace them...
  13. M

cbfa downpipe options.

So I was going to get a Godspeed or other cheapie downpipe but its only today that I realizedthat I have the dreaded CBFA tsi... So I know of 42dd, awe, apr, 42dd being the cheapest but I really did not want to spend thus much. Except for making a regular dp fit my engine, which seems like...
  14. M

Blaupunkt PnP amp

So I just bought the "Best Buy" from Nikbrewer which comes with the Blaupunkt PnP THA1250 and he since it is plug and play, it does not require an LOC to connect to my OEM head-unit. Now, he told me to wire both left and right speakers to the amp because bass is not always equally distributed...