GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mbotvinick

1. M

issues with Ipod adaptor in R 32

Hey Gang, My R is doing some wierd things. Maybe battery realted. I have the OEM IPod adaptor which my nano always sits in. Now when I switch to the ipod I get a bunch of white noise and very low not clear music. I have not changed a thing. I tired another ipod just in case, same thing. I...
  2. M

ipod issues/electrical issues

Hey Gang, My R is doing some wierd things. Maybe battery realted. I have the OEM IPod adaptor which my nano always sits in. Now when I switch to the ipod I get a bunch of white noise and very low not clear music. I have not changed a thing. I tired another ipod just in case, same thing. I...
  3. M

I might need to trade the R in for a 4 door

So I am getting a new company car and can't just the monthly nut for the R. I am looking to reduce my monthly payment and probably get a 4 door something. I of course want the impossible: fun to drive, not to expensive etc. etc. So should I stay VW like a GLI or the new passat or go with...
  4. M

ATT IPhone 4 32gb

Hey gang, I bought a black ATT iPhone 4 when it first came out. 32gb. In Feb I switched to Verizon. Phone has not been used since then. Minor scratches on back. I have photos if needed. I guess I could do craigslist. But if any local VWs want it. Not sure what it's worth. I live in N San...
  5. M

Just venting about licesne plate frames

I bought my R from a dealership in San Diego. Good guys. Of course the car had the dealerships license plate frames on the front and back and noirmally gets serviced there. Well the other day I was due for a oil change/service so I was in OC and took the car to the Audi/VW dealer. I went to...
  6. M

upgrade the head unit?

Do any of my fellow R32 owners upgrade the nav system to the new system (Is it the 510?). If so, is it worth it? I hate my ipod interface and lack of a decent bluetooth system.
  7. M

Strange noise between 80 and 90 flapping sound

Hey gang my R has about 50k miles and it did the recall a few months ago. Recently I noticed a loud flapping sound coming from the front only around 80 mph. I thought maybe front license plate but that's not it its regardless of what road I am on or in sport mode or or not. The moment I let got...
  8. M

Help with Fiscon and Motorola Droid

Hi Gang, I just bought a VW R32 and a Motorola droid after being a Blackberry customer for a very long time. Really love the car and phone. I had a bluetooth Fiscon system installed today and its acting very weird. I can answer calls but the screen doesnt show address book, calls missed...
  9. M

how bad are these tires

I picked up a 2008 R last week. It has about 26k miles on it. The tires are Hanook V4 es. These aren't OEM are they? Is it just me or are these tires horrible? -michael
  10. M

Remember me- the clubman JCW versus GTI poster?

Hey Guys, Just wanted to say thanks! I drove more cars in the last week then I can count, mazda, Sub, GTI 2.0t, Mini S, Mini JCW, 135i, etc. etc. (the funnest was the clubman JCW, it just puts a smile on your face, too bad its soooo ugly and $35k). So what did I get.........drum...
  11. M

Help me decide GTI versus Clubman JCW

Hey Gang, I know I am asking a loaded question here, but give me your $.02. I am looking at a Mini Clubman S or JCW and comparing it to a GTI 2 door with DSG. Does anyone have experience driving both. I like to drive fast and through canyons. I am a previous Mini owner and BMW, Porsche and...