GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by J-Fly

1. J

OEM CD Player + Springs & Struts

Local pickup only. CD player/changer model number is CQ-EV1467G. Springs and struts we're taken off at about 40K. Free until Tuesday when waste management picks up my trash.
  2. J

FS: wheels, sub enclosure, VCDS

No longer have my GTI. I wanted to see if any local Las Vegans or anyone within driving distance wanted to make a deal. I'm taking offers on the following: 17" Denvers with Continental ContiSport and also has wheel stock Nik Brewer Uber Stealth sub enclosure with Alpine SWR-T10 & Alpine...
  3. J

2009 OEM 17" wheels and tires local

Great deal. Just trying to get rid of wheels and tires. If you're local in Las Vegas, NV you can have them for $200 obo
  4. J

Would you buy another VW?

So I'm about to make my last payment and I've been so frustrated with my car that I don't even want to keep it for fear of more maintenance cost. I've had a lot of issues and was curious if any of you had similar problems that are enticing you to look elsewhere for your next car. Just a quick...
  5. J

Car just stopped (after intake manifold repair)

I just picked up my GTI from the dealer yesterday after they replaced the intake manifold. Approximately 24 hours lately and is just died after I tried to shift gears. The clutch pedal stayed pushed to the floor. I can turn the engine on for a couple of seconds and then it dies again. I never...
  6. J

Question about faulty intake manifold

I ran my VCDS software and got a 008213 P2015 Implausible Signal Intermittent MIL ON fault code. The research indicates this is a bad intake manifold. VW is aware of this and the dealerships have been replacing in under warranty. I believe warranty is under 40K miles so should I even bother...
  7. J

Maintenance timer must be off

I do regular scheduled maintenance at a VW dealer. My next scheduled service is in about 7200 miles. My message center is saying service in 500 mi or 21 days. I assumed the dealer didn't reset the last time I was there They also forgot to rotate my tires so maybe it was an off day for them. How...
  8. J

New toy?

If the vehicle speed monitoring is what I think it is (digital speedo) then this is an instant buy. http://www.ecstuning.com/News/VW_MKV_GTI_P3Cars_Digital_Vent_Gauge_2006_2007_2008_2009/ES2568905/
  9. J

Hatch Pop Kit opinions

What are your thoughts on this? I think it's a good add-on only if you can program it to open after holding down the trunk release button for a certain amount of time. I would hate to accidentally open my hatch while fumbling with my keys...
  10. J

New brake pads 3 months later.....still loud

I installed some Green Stuff pads 3 months ago. There is a loud noise when coming to a complete stop. This happens when the brakes warm up and only when I press all the way in where the pads are in full contact with the disc rotors. I've given it time to break in and I even tried the bed in...
  11. J

VW center caps for Alzor wheels

(update) VW center caps for Alzor wheels (solution found) I'm posting in General Discussions for better responses so I hope the mods don't mind. I've had one hell of a time trying to find VW center caps that fit Alzor wheels. I have the 628 model wheels. I ordered the ECS Tuning part number...
  12. J

Lowering kit suggestion

Sorry for double posting but I'm looking to purchase some springs this week. I wanted to know if anyone has used one these combinations or knows if its a good fit for my GTI. I heard that '09 GTIs don't drop that much and this kit claims a 1.8 in drop and 1.2 for FSD which is more than enough...
  13. J

Vag-com code help

I use Vag com on my MKV GTI and my friend's MKV Jetta. She's had her Jetta for 5 yrs old now and it has started to breakdown often. The recent code a ran was 09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: Malfunction 0010 with a secondary code of P0116/000278 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Implausible Signal...
  14. J

metal tension ring for center caps question

I believe I need a tension ring in order to get the center caps on the type of wheels I have. I've tried to do a Google search but not much comes up. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these things? Also, do I have the right name for it? That could be why I can't find it online.