GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by hillstrubl

1. hillstrubl

3 car seats in the back of a MK7.5 (2018) GTI...how

I don't disagree with your points, but she TRULY doesn't fit in it anymore. So the powers at be mandate that she goes rear facing and has ZERO legroom
  2. hillstrubl

I wish I could do that because I agree. The problem is the baby is too big for the chicco and too small to be forward facing, the next ~8 months will be a pain it looks like.
  3. hillstrubl

Revisiting this now that the baby outgrew the Chicco keyfit 30, but still needs to be rear facing* Tried the Diono Radian 3RX installed in the middle rear seat, and its way too wobbly after tightening everything. Next we moved it to one of the sides (where the width becomes a slight concern...
  4. hillstrubl

This is brilliant, thank you. Possibly might use this in a few years.
  5. hillstrubl

Tried that but it somehow fits worse. At least when its in teh middle the 3 seats "nest", the problem is the horns/arms of the (former) boosters block access to the seat belt plugs.
  6. hillstrubl

I don't want to put them in the front, thanks for the suggestion though.
  7. hillstrubl

Got a set of narrower boosters that actually might work as per test fit. I'll report back in a few weeks... To quote my wife "Why is somebody who says that on an enthusiast's forum?!" (She's pregnant and angry)
  8. hillstrubl

Up front doesn't help.
  9. hillstrubl

No, I'm not buying a minivan. We're trying to figure out our options for my 3 children in the back of my wife's GTI (7/5/infant). The 7 and 5 year old are now both in boosters, but with the width needed for the baby's larger drop-in seat "cradle" its really hard to actually buckle in the...
  10. hillstrubl

FS - MKV GTI Cargo Cover - $75

bump - new price $75
  11. hillstrubl

FS - MKV GTI Cargo Cover - $75

FS - MKV GTI Cargo Cover - $75 (lowered) For Sale a cargo cover from my (now sold) 2008 GTI. Seems too big to ship, but I'll do it if the buyer pays shipping (and solves the issue of what to ship it in) - Local pickup 19038 (Philly NW 'burbs)
  12. hillstrubl

FS MKV Rabbit/Golf/GTI/R32 Euro bulb holders - $40 + ship

For sale is a set of Euro (UK market actually) bulb holders for non-LED MKV tail-lamps. These are used to enable (along with Vag-Com/OBDeleven coding changes) Amber turn signals. I sold the car before I ever got around to installing these. I paid $50 for them, selling for $40 + Ship (or local...