GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DRMAT

1. DRMAT

So long, farewell....

Well its been partly good here guys, but now that my car is sold i don't have much reason to hang around. Learnt some things and hope i've been able to teach some people some things along the way as well, met some good people, met some not so nice people, and generally got jaded with the number...
  2. DRMAT

FS: OEM VW/AUDI parts

Ordered but don't need now, all brand new, in boxes: SOLD 4x Genuine latest 'F' revision ignition coils ($88/ea VWA).... $160 for all four SOLD 1x Genuine 'D' piston type diverter valve ($175 VWA).... $120 SOLD 1x Genuine fuel filter ($55 VWA).... $35
  3. DRMAT

EOI: [VIC] 07 BM GTI

Just throwing ideas around... wondering if anyone would be interested in my 2007 GTI. Black Magic DSG Leather Bi-xenons Park sensors Eyelids APR ECU remap APR RSC TBE Carbonio intake Forge DV (have obtained OEM piston type ready to be installed) Open grills Tinted windows Nurburgring Sticker...
  4. DRMAT

Stunning...

Something a bit cheerier than riots and hail. Captain Slow gets a ride in a spy plane up to 70,000ft.... the footage is astounding. http://www.wimp.com/breathtakingfootage/
  5. DRMAT

Ignition coils

Two questions: Can i assume the current revision type 'F' coils (here) from this US site will be suitable for Aust 07 GTI? I know the site says suitable for ALL MkV 2.0T but just being sure. What price do these run at from dealers in Australia (if anyone knows off the top of their head...
  6. DRMAT

Over eager SC?

Wondering if anyone else has found this problem.... When my car was on the Contis and by the end very worn you could still drive the car hard, get wheelspin, take off quick, take a corner quick etc and the TC/SC was mostly unobtrusive. Since i had my new Pirellis fitted i'm finding that...
  7. DRMAT

FS: BMW 120D 2006

OK... going to give this another half shot in the interest of getting me a bike! Carsales price will be $33k but i'll do it cheaper for someone from here. 2006 model BMW Auto 2.0L turbo diesel 115kw/330nm SBM Black Box - raises power to 113.2kw atw/ 390nm (have dyno chart) +1 Pack Sapphire...
  8. DRMAT

IPOD 30G no sound

This applies to a few different versions of ipod apparently but i think they are all 5th gen items. In this case we're talking about the 30G ipod classic (with video) that Lu got free with her BMW that in the last couple of weeks started not working properly sporadically before finally stopping...
  9. DRMAT

Eisenmann Factory tour

Courtesy of BMW 1Addicts forum. Very interesting if you'd like to see the ins and outs of the Eisenmann factory when the US Master Dealers went to Germany to visit. This is where they make very high end exhaust systems for BMW, Porsche, Audi, Nissan GTR, MkV and MkVI Golf to name a few...
  10. DRMAT

Senna voted best ever.

Didn't want this to get lost in the Motorsport thread. 1. Ayrton Senna 2. Michael Schumacher 3. Jaun Manuel Fangio Full list of top 40 available here.
  11. DRMAT

Veyron into a lake.

Can't recall if it was posted here or not (can't find in Aussie section anyway) but a little while back a Veyron was crashed into a salt water lake after the owner 'swerved to miss a pelican' apparently lol. Below is the news footage of the car being removed from the lake. Veyron being removed...
  12. DRMAT

TITAN: The Nurburgring movie!

:Woot::Woot::Woot::Woot: Only just found out about this... a movie/doco about the Nurburgring!! Coming soon but here's the 6min preview... i HIGHLY recommend you watch in HD on Youtube and have the speakers turned UP! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz3Ng1eUHrw
  13. DRMAT

VW to supply F1 engines?

Courtesy of autosport.com
  14. DRMAT

FS: 19" BMW Shadow Chrome Dish rims

Old man is offloading his old rims... with a 99c start price! 19" shadow chrome centres with big polished dish. I'll stick up some proper pics here once he emails them to me. Ebay LIsting BMW 19" Shadow Chrome Wheels
  15. DRMAT

Whiteline gear VIC ONLY

Wanted to wait until Ian's GB was done before posting this but for Vic people only i can hook you up with Whiteline gear at good prices. I've been doing Whiteline GB's for the Mazda club for the last five years so i get pretty good pricing even on single orders. PM me with what part number you...