GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dmw16

1. D

Headunit Suggestions (nav, Sirius)

I am looking for a headunit. I want to be able to get in-dash nav and sirius. Which are some good choices for an OEM-look?
  2. D

WTB: Leather GTI or R32 Seats

I am looking for leather seats for my GTI. I would either be willing to buy the whole interior or swap if you are interested in my plaid seats. I would add cash to that deal of course. I am in the DC/Baltimore area. Willing to drive 150 miles.
  3. D

EVOMS V-Flow Intake

I bought this off of ebay and never got around to installing it. I don't expect to get to it any time soon so I'd rather sell it. It is in excellent condition. However, some install hardware is missing. I was quoted $5 for what appears to be missing or $36 for everything direct from EVOMS. I am...
  4. D

How do you get gains from Meth Kits?

I understand that meth (aka washer fluid) injection reduces charge temps and increases effective octane. I ran a progressive meth kit on the GTP for about 2 years before I got my GTI and the way it worked with my GTP was I went to a smaller supercharger pulley (more boost) and used a the O2 and...
  5. D

WTB: DV, Downpipe, Suspension stuff, FMIC...just have a look :-)

Upgrade time and I am looking for the following items: Forge DV AWE Downpipe w/ Cat (metal or ceramic is fine) Koni Yellow Struts Eibach Sportline Springs Possibly a FMIC Vent Boost Gauge (AWE or I think there is another one out there...can't recall the brand). IM me if you have something...
  6. D

Help Me Select The Right Supension

I want a suspension that will give me improved handling and less body roll. It needs to be daily drive-able, but still capable for occasional track duty. My budget is $1000 not including install. Others have suggested the Koni Yellow Struts and Eibach Sportline Springs. I would also consider...
  7. D

Brake Fluid Questions

What brake fluid is best for a daily driver that will see limited auto-x, maybe a track day or two, and driving the twisties? And how much fluid do I need to do a complete flush?
  8. D

Putting Together a List of Upgrades - Comments Appreciated

Ok, so I am going to spend some money on the GTI and I'd like to get comments back on my list of planned upgrades. For Sure: Tyrol Bushings Hawk HPS Pads SS Lines Koni Cup Kit AWE Downpipe Forge DV Stage2 (already have stage1 installed) Rear Sway Bar TOTAL: ~$1950 (not installed) That Price...
  9. D

Big Turbo Questions

I am thinking of going BT and I have some questions. 1) What is the typical install cost? 2) Which kit is the best way to go for a combo of power and every day drivability?
  10. D

GTI headrest?

I am looking at GLI leather seats on Ebay (I assume they are the same as GTI/R32 seats), but I want GTI headrests. Is there any way to get these aftermarket?
  11. D

Putting Leather Seats Into A PKG1? Seat Heaters?

I am looking at buying leather seats off of ebay to replace my plaid seats. What does it take to make the heat work on these seats? Thanks.
  12. D

WTT: My 08 Plaid + Ca$h for your Leather Seats

I am in Columbia, MD. I'd like to swap my perfect plaid seats + $700 (or) for leather seats. Or I guess I could buy seats if you have some for sale.
  13. D

Trying to Decide Between two S2000's

I know this is a VW forum, but there are lots of car guys here... For a little background, I owned an S2000 for about two years before trading it in on the GTI and now i really miss it. I am now looking for a replacement. I have my choices narrowed down to two. Both cars are owned by S2ki...
  14. D

FS: EVOMS V-Flow Intake

Bought lightly used a few months back and never installed. Comes with all install hardware. $220 shipped OBO
  15. D

Eurojet Seats With Plaid & Other Questions

Has anyone bought or made Eurojet seats with plaid fabric? I would really like to get a pair of eurojet seats for the front of the car, but I want them to match the back seats. So has anyone ever put plaid inserts on the fabric eurojet seats? Also, when using these seats, can you still use the...