GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by clarusmoof

1. C

Fuel Gauge/Pump Issue

By adaption can I assume this means to calibrate the new fuel pump sending unit? Based on my reading of the VAG-COM that appears to be what's happing. I wonder if a OBD Eleven scan tool can achieve this as well? Thanks!
  2. C

Fuel Gauge/Pump Issue

What is this "adaption" you speak of? thanks!
  3. C

Fuel Gauge/Pump Issue

I searched the forums to see if I could find any discussion on my particular issue, but the symptoms I read were not the same as mine. So I thought I would post my question here. My '07 is having an issue with the fuel gauge where it either doesn't show the accurate fuel amount or will not...
  4. C

Broke Brake pad Wear Sensor Connector

Was doing break service on my MKV and when trying to disconnect the wire sensor I pulled a little too hard and pulled the connectors off of the wear sensor! Any suggestions on how to repair my mistake would be greatly appreciated!
  5. C

FS MKV Parts

Is the bumper still available and for what year is this?
  6. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

Thanks the for the info but I was needing to replace headliner anyway, but this should allow me to delay that repair. So now my car has a very nasty odor from the water saturated padding/carpet! I've used a wet vac to remove as much water as possible and run a fan an heater to dry it out...
  7. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

Well that was an option as well! But now I have to pull the headliner to see if the tubing has detached or needs replacing as the leak where the A frame and room meets is leaking like crazy!
  8. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

Just wanted to provide an update. So ended up splicing on an extension to the drain tube. I first cut off about 3-4" of the drain tube and I put a 1/2" OD clear tube on the top part of the drain tube and the cut off piece. Doing this I was able to get the drain tube into the drain grommet...
  9. C

Sunroof Drain Tube

So I discovered that my sunroof has been leaking ... passenger side front and back floor were soaked and there was a hideous smell! traced the leak to the passenger side drain tube that meets at the front. Question for group is how do I get the tube re-inserted/attached to the tube that runs...
  10. C

indiana

Hoping there's some folks still in the Indy area that might still in this chat! So .... have a s 2007 MKV and will be starting some "fix" projects that previous owner applied to GTI and while I'm mechanically proficient I wouldn't mind having some morale support nearby! Projects include...
  11. C

Inexpensive Down Pipe Replacement Suggestions

So it would appear I need a new down pipe, or to me more specific the flex pipe. While I would like to upgrade the entire exhaust system to get improved sound, and performance, but right now I just need to get the get the down pipe fixed. Are there suggestions for an affordable option or is...
  12. C

Needing Exhaust

Anyone do an exhaust upgrade for a 2007 MKV and would like to sell their original exhaust? I'm in need for replacing my original exhaust to prepare to sell my car, otherwise I would upgrade to larger pipes. Thanks, clarusmoof
  13. C

PlastiDip Removal

Anyone have any experience/suggestions on removing PlastiDip from rims? Thanks, Jerry
  14. C

Rim & Tire Question

Bought a 2007 GTI and it came with Nexen 215/45R17 tires and what appear to be the original rims that have just been powder coated black. I'm now in need of replacing the tires and was wondering could I go back to the original 225/45R17 tires using the existing rims? How do I determine the rim...
  15. C

Intercooler Pipe Question

So I bought a 2007 GTI and it had already had some mods. But upon further investigation the mods are not what I would call "standard" or "ideal". Specifically, the front mount intercooler pipe appears to be a home welding project that protrudes into the fog lamp cover area. So much so that...