GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by boostedGTIguy

1. boostedGTIguy

May 5th.. THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-boston/manny-pacquiao-reportedly-to-fight-floyd-mayweather-may-5 “Pretty Boy” adviser Leonard Ellerbe told ESPN.com Tuesday that WBC welterweight king Floyd Mayweather plans on defending his crown against WBC and WBO super welterweight champion Manny...
  2. boostedGTIguy

Looking for quote on paintjob

So a buddy of mine just picked up a MK1 TT and wants to do a complete sand and re-spray. He is wanting to do Candy White (the gti color) on the TT. Looking to get a general price range to start negotiations with shops in the area. Can anyone help? Car is located at Fort Hood (Killeen, Tx - just...
  3. boostedGTIguy

Looking for quote on paintjob

So a buddy of mine just picked up a MK1 TT and wants to do a complete sand and re-spray. He is wanting to do Candy White (the gti color) on the TT. Looking to get a general price range to start negotiations with shops in the area. Can anyone help? Car is located at Fort Hood (Killeen, Tx - just...
  4. boostedGTIguy

Floyd "Money" Mayweather VS Victor Ortiz

So i'm one of the few people left in the sports world that despises MMA and is more of a fan of pure Boxing. Who all caught the fight tonight? Already facebook and twitter is blowing up with responses on both sides of the fence. I stand behind my boy MONEY MAY! I mean it's BOXING dude, freaking...
  5. boostedGTIguy

FS: Rane SL3 Serato Scratch Live Interface..

Sup guys, i have recently upgraded my studio and find this collecting dust. I purchased this Sl3 in december of last year and have used it maybe 3 times with no club or rave use. I am basically a die heard audiophile and find myself only wanting vinyl once more. This package includes... Rane...
  6. boostedGTIguy

Best autobody / VAG performance shop in la?

So i need to get my hatch shaved and a few parts ordered/installed. Curious since i just moved back to la what the best place to get autobody work and performance goodies, halp please! Oh yeah if you have vag/com i'll buy beer for a crash course! Hit me up!! :help:
  7. boostedGTIguy

So what are you guys and gals asking Santa to get ya this year?

Might make for interesting holiday conversation. =) I have my eyes set on a best buy gift card to build a custom system, but I am in need of a new snowboard... also a Basset hound puppy :thumbsup:
  8. boostedGTIguy

Well the time has come, i'm finally out of the military.

I am like crazy excited but at the same time extremely apprehensive. I know there are a bunch of ex military guys out there, so how did you all cope whenever making the jump back to the "real world" lol Positive thing is more time for meets and cruises! :w00t:
  9. boostedGTIguy

To be or not to be... Rabbit front or Jetta/R line....

So im going to be shaving my hatch soon, and I want to go ahead and completely change the look of my car with a bumper. I'm just torn between the Rabbit front and Jetta chrome / R line grill front. Help me decide! Car is bmp btw, pics of progression... :help:
  10. boostedGTIguy

please delete this thread

forgot to make poll
  11. boostedGTIguy

Time to get shaved.... ;)

Well a vengeful ex gf of mine decided to take something to the hatch and driver side of my car. Dents on the side popped out rather easily but the dent on my hatch is somewhat a pain. Repairs on the dent are going to be mad pricey so im thinking of maybe just shaving the hatch and doing a hatch...
  12. boostedGTIguy

Cured the infamous phantom misfire...

reference here.... http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131961 Well after around 2 or 3 months of hardly ever driving and chasing the problem im finally back to normal. The culprit.... a freakin clogged injector for the number 4 cylinder. Yes after the mech initially said my injects...
  13. boostedGTIguy

APR question...

If i have stage 2+ software on my mkv and were to trade in for a 2010 would i be able to reflash my new MKVI for just the labor rate if any?
  14. boostedGTIguy

APR Stage 3-4 or hella baller wheels and bags?

Don't know if this is the right forum, or if this should even be its own post lol. But i find myself torn and in need of opinions. If you were to come up with a fair amount of cash for the new year would you go stage 3-4 or hella flush it up with bags and baller wheels? (RS's / Work / Schmidt TH...
  15. boostedGTIguy

uber bad juju engine trouble

So ive been having really bad cold starts with nasty misfires. Also at low and high rpms the car gets a flashing cel and the exhaust note heavily resembles that of a tbe sti. Also along with horrid shaking under load and idle. I thought either plugs, coils, injectors, or carbon buildup. Took to...