GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Blaze182

1. Blaze182

Friendly VW Rep =] (If your interested?)

Hey! Just wanted to let it be known, if anyone were interested in purchasing a VW in Victoria, I'm working at South Yarra VW as a sales rep. If you call South Yarra VW (88 666 888), ask for Ben in sales (Else you'll get Ben in finance!), or alternately PM me here first and let me know what...
  2. Blaze182

Why does this happen???...

Hey =] I took my car to get serviced at VW about a month ago and told them also about a problem with my audio system. I take a right turn SLIGHTLY spirited and the audio cuts out, or goes very soft for the duration of the turn. Also, if I hit a few bumps in the road, the stereo does the same...
  3. Blaze182

Advice for RNS510/Sat Nav/Bluetooh/Sat Radio

Hey all! I'm going to get a new head unit for my car and was going for the RNS510. I keep reading all this confusing crap about Version B, Version C, WD6050... I mean... Its a head unit! SIMPLE INFORMATION PLEASE! I have no idea what I need, all I know is I want that little phone button on my...
  4. Blaze182

DV, Cat-Backs and Turbobacks

Hey all!! First off, is the DV worth replacing on the Pirelli, or is the stock one good? Second, whats the most notable differences between turboback and catback exhaust systems? Cheers!
  5. Blaze182

How to contest a speeding fine?

As the title says, I knew I got snapped a couple weeks back, I know the exact place and I know why the camera snapped me, how do I contest it?
  6. Blaze182

RNS510 and Ipod Videos

Hey all, I'm considering getting the RNS510 sometime this year, and am wondering if, when I connect my ipod, I understand it shows the song names, titles, tracks, Artist, etc. What if I put on a music video? Will it play the video? Or just the audio? Thanks!!
  7. Blaze182

Question on Flashing (the ecu!)

Hey everyone, Once I get used to my car, I'm going to flash it. I have a few queries though: 1. If I flash, then install AFTER the flash, a RNS510 w/reverse camera, will I need the ecu altered again? Or does the flash not affect the RNS510/other comp systems? 2. What degree is the cars...
  8. Blaze182

Exhaust Systems & Their Worth

Hey all, I have my GTI Pirelli on order, coming in soon, and I was curious, is the exhaust any better than the GTI exhaust, or is it the same? Also, what are the power benefits like from upgrading the exhaust? Is it something akin to the flash? i.e. 50kw power +?
  9. Blaze182

How much did you pay for your Pirelli? Need help buying mine!

Hello all, I'm going to be buying a pirelli this week (well, next week) and have been shopping around, and the prices I'm getting quoted seem like BS! I've been quoted by various dealers: $54K; W/RNS System (which I politely told the guy, thanks, but I'm not interested at that price.) $49K...
  10. Blaze182

Anyone tried BPS Chips?

http://www.bpschiptek.com/chipinfo/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_products&id=287&car_type=GTi%20Turbo%20FSI They're claimed power boost is insane... Just wondering if anyones tried them. With regards to the NM boost I mean, not the KW boost. It seems pretty big for just a flash.
  11. Blaze182

Recommend me some Hydraulic Racing Shocks!!

What types of hydraulic racing shocks are available for the GTI (Pirelli)?? I am relatively numb on shock/suspension brands, so I really need some help in this department =D
  12. Blaze182

Borla Cat-Back System - Any good?

Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting one of these: http://www.borla.com/applications/lookup.aspx/2008/Volkswagen/GTI/Stainless_Steel_Cat-Back_System/140248/ I know borla to produce only top quality, so I have no doubts that it'll be a good match up for the GTI. Does anyone have any experience...
  13. Blaze182

Melbourne Auto Shops - HELP!

Hey everyone! I'm in melbourne and am looking for a place I can take my GTI to get flashed, a new exhaust system, etc. put on it. I dont have any of the parts, and dont want to do any of it myself. So, can anyone recommend any shops/garages that will have in stock, or be able to get instock...
  14. Blaze182

Pirelli P Zero Tyres

Hey all, I'm going to be fitting a new set of tyres to my car once the stock ones are slick ;) They're hopefully going to be P Zero's...
  15. Blaze182

MK V GTI - Time to mod!

Hi everyone, I was going to purchase a pirelli, but the one I was after got sold. So instead I've ordered a GTI, MK V. I'll run it in about 500km-1000km before I mod it, but, I need a lot of advice/help before then. I'd like to start off with the fact I dont like taking shortcuts. Its my car...