GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Bfreiman

1. Bfreiman

LED Reverse Lights Causing Radio Static

I noticed something interesting today and the title of my post says it. Yesterday I installed some LED bulbs in place of the stock bulbs for the reverse lights. Now When I shift into reverse and the radio is on it goes from clear signal to static. Then I take the car out of reverse and the...
  2. Bfreiman

VagCom near State College, PA?

I was thinking about getting a euro switch. Just wondering if there is anyone close to State College that would be kind enough to help me out. Thanks:)
  3. Bfreiman

Airbox Removal question

I'm trying to install an s3 shortshifter on my TSI GTI, but I'm having trouble getting the airbox off. I followed the instructions found at this link...
  4. Bfreiman

Came Across a Good Car Article

I thought this was a good read. Hope it's new to most of you. Enjoy:thumbsup: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-why-some-people-love-cars-so-damn-much/
  5. Bfreiman

Project FrankeniPod

The other day I decided to buy a used ipod mini because I wanted a dedicated mp3 player. I don't need much memory, and I missed my old ipod mini (my brother kind of busted it up). So, after some searching I found a 6GB mini in decent shape. Then it occurred to me that the battery might not be...
  6. Bfreiman

Groaning noise from clutch.

I've noticed a groaning noise lately as I engage first gear and sometimes when I engage second. -The noise seems to only occur when I'm starting from a stop. The groaning noise that I hear when I shift into first is louder than when I start from second. -I think this might have something to...
  7. Bfreiman

Busted Driver's Side Mirror

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've posted and I'm posting some bad news today :( I woke up bright and early this morning to take my car to get the free 20k service-give the car some lovin'. Well when I go out to the garage I see my side view (driver's side) mirror...in pieces on the...
  8. Bfreiman

FS: Driver's Side Dash Cubby Houston

I have a dash cubby that has never been used. I wanted to buy one for my GTI, but when I ordered it I got the wrong color. I never got around to returning the part, so it has just been sitting in my house in the box. Color: Grey (Like the Rabbit interior) Price: $50.00 Condition: New See...
  9. Bfreiman

FS: Driver's Side Dash Cubby/Drawer

I've had this dash drawer sitting around my house for a while now. It has never been used, and is still in it's shipping box. I'm selling it because it does not match my interior color (oops), and I never got around to returning it. I only want to sell this locally--I'm in Houston. The color...
  10. Bfreiman

2012 Beetle

Didn't see a thread posted. I'm pretty excited to see these new bugs on the road. 2.5, 2.0T, and 2.0TDI Any thoughts? http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/04/2012-vw-beetle-global-us-bigger-/1
  11. Bfreiman

Driver Gear Promo Code

Hey, does anyone know a promo code that works on the driver gear site? Just tryin' the save a few pennies if I can. Thanks in advance
  12. Bfreiman

State College, PA MKVs

Where are all the MKVs in State College? Post here and let us know
  13. Bfreiman

Single speed bike help

I'm interested in getting a single speed bike (one with a freewheel). I wanna get a good value. Something at or below 400 dollars would be reasonable I think. Also, I might be able to get something off of craig's list. If you guys have any tips on what to look for that'd be helpful. TIA...
  14. Bfreiman

Leaving Temporarily

Hey, everybody. I'm going to off to college this Thursday. Unfortunately I'll be leaving my beloved GTI behind at home:frown: For this past year that I have been driving the car I took great care of it. I'm very meticulous when it comes to my GTI. The problem is that my parents, who will...
  15. Bfreiman

Arcade Fire-- The Suburbs

This album is gonna kick ass! I haven't listened yet, but I expect awesomeness. Anyone else excited?