GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Bockmeister

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Matt: I'm not sure about your information and I certainly don't intend any offense in questioning your wiring instructions - but whilst you are correct in asserting that the high-end camera module gets its reverse signal from the CAN bus, I suspect that the 7th wire (Yellow?) is still needed because it tells the camera module to switch-off when the hatch lid is open.

Here's my very simplified wiring diagram for a high-line camera (note: the wire colors are not the same as your after-market module)

Notice that pin#6 on the 8 x pin connector (this is the meaning of "T8" on my diagram) on the camera module (labelled "SIG") is connected to the rear-lid contact switch. As I said, I suspect that this is the mysterious 7th wire in your discussion with OP!

For clarity "J794" in my diagram is VW's name for the MIB (i.e. the module that lives @ address hex5F).
Don
Note that the designation for the T4/3 (and the other 3 pins) on the E234 component (the emblem Switch and Motor) in all of the VW wiring diagrams are metaphorical and don't really go directly to switches or the motor. From my experience... For both KA1 (lowline) and KA2 (highline) these 4 pins are the same: Pin 4 is +12v; Pin 2 is Ground; Pin 1 is the trigger signal that goes to J519 under the dash when you pull the badge to open the hatch; Pin 3 is the interesting one - on lowline, it's connected to the right backup light, BUT on highline, it connects to Pin 6 of the camera module pigtail. When Pin 3 goes high (+12v) the badge opens, when the +12v is removed, the badge closes after the delay period.

Sportg

Car(s)
Golf 7
Hello.
I installed the highline camera in my Golf 7, but it not working 100%

I coded:
Highline Camera
---------------------
Module: 19 (CAN getaway)
Adaptation → Channel: Installation list; specified installations - Camera System Rear View
New value: Coded

Module: 5F (Information electronics)
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 19 → Bit: 4
New value: disable

Adaptation → Channel: Car Function List BAP Gen2 - VPS_0x0B
New value: activated

Adaptation → Channel: Car Function List BAP Gen2 - VPS_0x0B_msg_bus
New value: Comfort data bus o Terminal 15

Module: 76 (Parking aid)
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 02 → Bit: 4
New value: enable
Modo texto Camera Type: Rearview camera

Module: 6C (Rear view camera)
Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 07 → Bit: 0

Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 07 → Bit: 1

Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 07 → Bit: 2

Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 07 → Bit: 4

Connected the power cable, the video and the Can bus. when I put the reverse gear,
the VW logo opens and the camera is perfectly visible with the yellow lines moving when
I turn the steering wheel and the four different camera views working correctly when
you press the pictures on the screen, those that are in the circle of the attached picture:

But pressing the Park Pilot button to the right of the gear lever (Automatic) does not activate the camera
or the Park Pilot with a beep sound.

The Park Pilot is not activated on the screen when moving forward,
and only the beeps from the parking sensors sound.

I have tried various configurations with no success. The 6c camera module activates correctly

I have two erors:
Module 6C errors No Basic Setting B201000
Databus missing message U112100

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• Vistas Cámara.jpeg
    Vistas Cámara.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Errores 6C.jpg
    Errores 6C.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Información 6C.jpg
    Información 6C.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 249

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
But pressing the Park Pilot button to the right of the gear lever (Automatic) does not activate the camera
or the Park Pilot with a beep sound.

The Park Pilot is not activated on the screen when moving forward,
and only the beeps from the parking sensors sound.

For point 1, it is not supposed to activate the camera.

For point 2, that is a known bug. You can code it as a lowline to get around that.

Sportg

Car(s)
Golf 7
For point 1, it is not supposed to activate the camera.

For point 2, that is a known bug. You can code it as a lowline to get around that.
Thank you very much for your quick response.
Try coding it as lowline and the park pilot problem is solved.
But all 4 views of the camera are lost.

As a highline you lose the front Parkpilot and as a Lowline you lose your camera views.

There is no way to solve it?

My camera:

Cámara de visión trasera para GOLF 7 MK7 7,5 5GG 827 469 F ORIGINAL|Cámara para vehículos| - AliExpress

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
I had this problem in Skoda Octavia MY 2015 and gateway update solved my issues. Same fault codes - databus missing message, in both park pilot and camera controllers. The Part No SW of controller 19 was 5Q0 907 530 AJ and it was flashed to AM. After that, auto front park pilot started to work again and camera view stayed on the display up to 15km/h.

BTW, I bought the camera from the same seller.

Sportg

Car(s)
Golf 7
I had this problem in Skoda Octavia MY 2015 and gateway update solved my issues. Same fault codes - databus missing message, in both park pilot and camera controllers. The Part No SW of controller 19 was 5Q0 907 530 AJ and it was flashed to AM. After that, auto front park pilot started to work again and camera view stayed on the display up to 15km/h.

BTW, I bought the camera from the same seller.
How can I update the gateway?
I have OBDEleven and a friend has VCP but he does not know how it is updated and where the necessary file is downloaded.
Thank you very much for your help

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
As far as I know, the files should be available in erwin. However, I would recommend you to find someone experienced in your neighborhood for this operation. I didn't do that on my own, so I can't help you with the more details unfortunately.

Sportg

Car(s)
Golf 7
As far as I know, the files should be available in erwin. However, I would recommend you to find someone experienced in your neighborhood for this operation. I didn't do that on my own, so I can't help you with the more details unfortunately.
:)

Dajones89

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTE
Ive got a high-line kit ready to install, has anyone actually managed to fit the 12V into the rear of fusebox?

also what steps are required to code as lowline? I would rather keep my distance lines than have random views.
(Had I found this post before i ordered i would have got a lowline)
I didnt get a guide with my kit but have a good idea what needs to go where.