GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommendations Thread

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
Just thought I would start a recommendations thread.

As people add their recommendations I will add them to each capital city/state in the first post. I will also add the type of service they offer and the member's name in brackets so that you can PM that member and get any additional info. Should save a bit of hassle and questions hey?

I just added an international section too, so if you have had a good experience ordering stuff from overseas let us all know about it!

So post away and tell us all about your good experiences, no flaming of businesses please. Just positive comments so we know where to go.

Overseas Retailers/Companies

Superchips - Bluefin (CiaranGTI, Sledz, vwgtimkv et al)
Srbsta's crazy list of companies
http://www.waxit.com.au
http://www.zenti.eclipsedetailing.com.au
http://www.detailparadise.com.au/

Canberra/ACT

Kim's Car Detailing - (Detailing, CiaranGTI)
Canberra VW Centre - (Servicing & Perfomance - APR, Kirium/Sledz)

Sydney/NSW

Vescio Mick Smash Repairs (Paint/Panel, Srbsta)
Jax QuickFit Thornleigh (Tyres, OZVWConvert)
Stow Smash Repairs Artarmon (Paint/Panel, BLKMKV)
European Autotech - Derek (Servicing, Performance - APR, Srbsta)
Euromotive - Seb (Servicing, Performance - GIAC, Srbsta)
Rob Salvia (Window Tints, Srbsta)
Campsie Auto Glass Service (Window Glass, moomoonel)
Victoria Road Smash Repairs & Body Works (Paint/Panel, Srbsta)

Melbourne/VIC

Final Inspection Detailing (Detail, DRMAT)
TyrePower Reservoir (Tyres, DRMAT)
Advanced Alloy Wheel Repairs (Wheels, DRMAT)
Advantage Suspension (Suspension, DRMAT)

Hobart/TAS

Brisbane/QLD

Depulu Wheel Reconditioners, Ashmore (Wheel Repairs, vwgtimkv)
Shipley Smash Repairs, Caloundra (Paint/Panel, vwgtimkv)
Ashmore Steak & Seafood, Ashmore (Food, and LOTS of it, CiaranGTI)

Adelaide/SA

Perth/WA

Swiss Automotive Services, Mosman Park (Servicing, zz2)

Darwin/NT

Last edited:

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
Hey all, I had admin delete all the other posts so that people who wanted recommendations could read them in the first post.

Keep on recommending places people, I have heard plenty of recommendations in other threads. Get em into this list!

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
tcca in artarmon, sydney. owner is milan.he is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and can get any part from anywhere. uses mtm ecu upgrades.he likes reiger parts.

Yandi

Ready to race!
Bib Stilwell, South Yarra. BMW dealer. When you are ready to move forward!

octagon

Passed Driver's Ed
Nedland Tyre Service.

They specialize in Contis and I took mine there when they needed repairing. Good service and are very knowledgeable. Recommended

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
Nedland Tyre Service.

They specialize in Contis and I took mine there when they needed repairing. Good service and are very knowledgeable. Recommended

i've dealt with Nedlands Tyre Service before and went to see them just recently for new tyres for the GTI.. they are knowledgeable blokes but their sign says Continental thats all they will want to put on your car... theyre also pretty overpriced.

i go to Claremont Tyerpower

i have gotten tyres for the 307 and GTI from them and all my friends use them, my MINI friend just got his OZ Ultraallegras + tyres through them too.

they do a great job and they give good, honest advice and wont try and sell you what they have on the racks or the tyres they have on their sign.

the guys there are very friendly and are more than willing to the take time with you to discuss various options.

talk to Ryan and tell them GTI Mark sent you :thumbsup:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
what about GCCORP GMC is the man.

SSS_Hoon

JungaGTi

Premier Wheel Man
Any good tyre places anyone can recommend in Sydney besides in thornleigh?

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
Gotta put in a word for Richard and Paul @ BBA Parts (Brookvale, NSW). I had to replace my Jack (and I agree with that massive rant one of the members had a little while ago about how shit the Jack process is) as it slipped out from under the car while I had it jacked up and the Jack got severely damaged. Anyway, my local dealer quoted me something like $250, while Richard quoted me only like $120 or something. I also got luggage nets and a boot liner from him, both of which were half the price quoted by my local dealer's parts dept. They give fantastic service, they are prompt with replying, and are more than willing to help you out in any way they can. Highly recommended for any VW OEM part requirements :thumbsup: .

Cheers

Edit: In reference to a couple of queries from forum members, here is the thread that refers to Bill Buckle Autos Parts dept.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28345.

Last edited:

Panman

Frequent Modder
Jason Smith @ Jax Quickfit in Bowen Hills QD (Brisbane) - He's always looked after me and I've bought 5 or 6 set of wheels (let alone tyres) from him.

He also does a lot of work for the local Audi dealers so always has a lot of OE Audi stuff second hand.

If you call him tell him, Keith sent you. (That's where my Ultras are coming from)