GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DV and PCV testing/troubleshooting

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
I had the same issue back in the day when I had that intake and apr stage 2 (only happened when it was cold out)

Dunno what eurodynes stage 2 is tuned for but aprs tune was developed for an oem style intake. It was throwin the maf readings way off.

See here's the thing that confuses me

The original owner was the one who had it tuned, and did many of the mods.

He then sold the car on to the person I got it from. Among the things I am told was done was a new HPFP. But the casing on mine is so obviously original. You can tell from the corrosion etc. Now whether he did the internals idk - I did the cam follower a month ago and stupidly I wasn't even thinking about comparing things to the various aftermarket setups out there. I will next time around

Eurodyne states "Our stage 2 reflash for 2.0TSI vehicles is designed to work with an upgraded Downpipe ,high flow converter and high pressure fuel pump upgrade.

Aftermarket intakes and exhaust systems are also compatible, but not required."

My car Is converter deprived, a downpipe that looks like APR, stock catback with resonator removed

Last edited:

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
Well you can't do OE internals and every set of internals is an upgrade from stock, so I don't see that being the issue.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
They are not all created equally though. They sell a lot of cheap fuel pump internals on eBay. They may work for a little while, but they'll probably end up failing eventually.

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
I've yet to see any eBay high performance pumps though is my point

The housing of my pump is definitely the factory issue original one from when the car was built. So either a pump never was done, or the internals were changed

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
HPFPupgrade?

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
Who knows lol

It's just weird the conditions that set it off

If you roll into the throttle it's fine. If you go all in, it cuts. If you punch it in 1st or 2nd, it's fine. 3-6, it does it. If you are gentle to 4K then stab throttle in any gear, it's also fine.

I wonder if this ghetto noise pipe delete I had was causing issues too? Maybe time for a proper smoke test to check for boost leaks and the like.

Going to do the red coils, plugs for sure. And figure out which pcv route to go and the gfb valve kit

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Oh if you don't already have red coil packs, then you should definitely get them. It was the first thing I needed after going from a stock tune to a stage 1 tune.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
The stock ones can't handle the performance tune. My stock coils crapped out on me as I was leaving the dealership minutes after getting my tune.

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
I need to consolidate this all into a single build thread lol

So something dawned on me today - of course like many my N276 valve is cracked. It's been crazy glued for now. But I wonder if that alone is what's causing the occasional fuel cuts. I am going to try a better 2 part epoxy next just to try and nurse it a bit longer. I wish someone near me had a logger though!

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
Talked to previous owner today and turns out PCV and DV were both changed. Not sure if it's the latest revision DV or not he wasn't sure.

Still likely going for the GFB, seems like a great kit for the price. Though I see Baileymakes one too and I previously used those on my Audi's

Choices choices!