GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird rattle coming from DSG (throw out bearing or mechatronics)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
But if it was CV joint or wheel bearing the noise would keep going after I put it in neutral?

My bad....I didn't read everything.
You said it was coming from the "tire" area....so I was just throwing it out there that it possibly wasn't coming from the tranny.

But anyways...a DSG does not have a throw out bearing.
Did he quote you on how much it was to replace a part that doesn't exist on your car, out of curiousity?

on3fastgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 V Dub Gti (489)
My bad....I didn't read everything.

You said it was coming from the "tire" area....so I was just throwing it out there that it possibly wasn't coming from the tranny.

But anyways...a DSG does not have a throw out bearing.

Did he quote you on how much it was to replace a part that doesn't exist on your car, out of curiousity?

No he didn't... he said he's going to take it off my old tranny to see what's in side that box lol and then we'll see. I'm not rly sure anymore honestly.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
He said it Sounds like a bearing noise. I'm thinking maybe it's the gears inside the tranny [emoji848]

FYI you won't find very many, if any, internal parts for this transmission in the US. Even the dealership doesn't open them up to work on them.

You would have to source a used trans or you could order the part new from overseas.

on3fastgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 V Dub Gti (489)
FYI you won't find very many, if any, internal parts for this transmission in the US. Even the dealership doesn't open them up to work on them.

You would have to source a used trans or you could order the part new from overseas.

I actually have my original tranny which has like 60k miles on it. It didn't have any issues just old leak on the tranny casing. Maybe I'll
Put that one back if I give up. But it leaks. My old warranty company got me this one that I have in my car. I don't know much about it. Now the issue is if I put in my old one how would I stop the leak..... lol

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I actually have my original tranny which has like 60k miles on it. It didn't have any issues just old leak on the tranny casing. Maybe I'll
Put that one back if I give up. But it leaks. My old warranty company got me this one that I have in my car. I don't know much about it. Now the issue is if I put in my old one how would I stop the leak..... lol

lol

Only way to stop the leak for sure would be to open it/ clean the mating surfaces/ apply oem sealant/ close it back up.

on3fastgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 V Dub Gti (489)
lol

Only way to stop the leak for sure would be to open it/ clean the mating surfaces/ apply oem sealant/ close it back up.

Today they're putting in my old tranny... I hope that solves the problem. I should of just got a stick instead and hate my life in NYC bumper to bumper traffic

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Idk yet but I know that when they took out the old one the spun the diff and there was a bad bearing noise. They're putting a the new clutch and oil in there. I'll find out tomorrow

Damn why didn't they find that the first time they had it open.

on3fastgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 V Dub Gti (489)
Damn why didn't they find that the first time they had it open.

Honestly I think they thought the sounds was coming from the flywheel which was really messed up. It's a pain in the ass but I hope
It's better once the tranny is out.