GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT LCA, TT Spindle, H2Sport Spindle, etc

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
The TT control arms look like, control arms, and they are alloy. They cost me about $800 new shipped to my house a couple years ago, and are around $1k now I believe for all the parts. Totally not worth doing. There are threads in this forum that list all the parts you need and they all come from Audi. A totalled mk2 TT is your other option.

Understood. It does seem that Ground Control Camber Plates at $420 and some Passat LCAs at about $80 a side with TT bushings is a more cost effective option.

you can also use passat LCA's AND spindles.

So the Passat spindles are the same, only aluminum? Everything, including the brakes bolt right up? No weirdness with needing different ball joints, tie rods, etc?

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Thats what im running on my GLI, full Superpro kit with arms and bushings and I bought Boston set of H2sport spindles when he took them off his car. Bob G

How are they working out? Want to sell them back? :biggrin:

The H2Sport spindles correct for both roll center and bump steer as they lower the mounting points for both the ball joints and the tie rods by about 2", which is a lot, but gives quite a bump in anti-roll resistance and allows you to lower and still have loads of grip.

If this modification was legal for racing perhaps there would have been more demand, as is its a track day trinket, and most of the bolt on crowd has no idea about roll correction, just go low dammit.

Passat control arms aren't really a substitute for TT arms, they do different things, both alloy, but one allows camber adjustment, the other doesn't. Bolting Passat spindles and LCA's is a nice reduction in unsprung weight, as well as getting rid of the stock calipers, they are very heavy. Porsche Boxster brembo's work great in that regard. Other threads have documented installing the Passat parts.

No offense to R32 owners, but that car just never struck me as something that you'd want to track, very heavy, and the motor isn't easy to bump in power. Its a nice cruiser that makes nice sounds. I'd just enjoy it as VW delivered it.

I'm a little surprised no one has pointed out that I was probably causing a train in the pic above!

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
How are they working out? Want to sell them back? :biggrin:

The H2Sport spindles correct for both roll center and bump steer as they lower the mounting points for both the ball joints and the tie rods by about 2", which is a lot, but gives quite a bump in anti-roll resistance and allows you to lower and still have loads of grip.

If this modification was legal for racing perhaps there would have been more demand, as is its a track day trinket, and most of the bolt on crowd has no idea about roll correction, just go low dammit.

Passat control arms aren't really a substitute for TT arms, they do different things, both alloy, but one allows camber adjustment, the other doesn't. Bolting Passat spindles and LCA's is a nice reduction in unsprung weight, as well as getting rid of the stock calipers, they are very heavy. Porsche Boxster brembo's work great in that regard. Other threads have documented installing the Passat parts.

No offense to R32 owners, but that car just never struck me as something that you'd want to track, very heavy, and the motor isn't easy to bump in power. Its a nice cruiser that makes nice sounds. I'd just enjoy it as VW delivered it.

I'm a little surprised no one has pointed out that I was probably causing a train in the pic above!

Any seat time in a Golf R?

I think my next few mods are going to be GC camber plates, Competition controller, clutch, intake and apr tune.

I'm sure the car will be a blast after that (more so than it already is).

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I want h2psort spindles! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Im toying with the idea of TT LCAs as the extra track width would be nice when I bolt on my fender flares, but I dont want to spend that much money. ugh

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
So the Passat spindles are the same, only aluminum? Everything, including the brakes bolt right up? No weirdness with needing different ball joints, tie rods, etc?

As far as I know, yep. Using Passat LCA and Spindles will just replace yours with lighter, aluminum versions...doesn't change geometry or track and bolts up. In fact, I think it goes easier if you have both because I recall there was a slight issue if you only use the arms w/o spindles.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Has anyone used these roll center correcting ball joints?

http://euro.superlap.jp/item_detail/153/

I would love to have a set of H2Sport spindles, and they are local to me... but that doesn't make it any easier to obtain a set.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
As far as I know, yep. Using Passat LCA and Spindles will just replace yours with lighter, aluminum versions...doesn't change geometry or track and bolts up. In fact, I think it goes easier if you have both because I recall there was a slight issue if you only use the arms w/o spindles.

Yep. AFAIK, it's all the same, just lighter. If you want to change the geometry, a roll center kit, or H2Sport Spindles are really the only way.

Has anyone used these roll center correcting ball joints?

http://euro.superlap.jp/item_detail/153/

I would love to have a set of H2Sport spindles, and they are local to me... but that doesn't make it any easier to obtain a set.

I believe those are essentially the same as the Roll Center Kit from Superpro.

I've got that being installed right now, :thumbsup:

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Yep. AFAIK, it's all the same, just lighter. If you want to change the geometry, a roll center kit, or H2Sport Spindles are really the only way.

I believe those are essentially the same as the Roll Center Kit from Superpro.

I've got that being installed right now, :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on your impressions of the Superpro. I am curious about those since the H2 spindles are so hard to get...

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Keep us posted on your impressions of the Superpro. I am curious about those since the H2 spindles are so hard to get...

Will do, :thumbsup:

My car was setup by my shop to have about 1.5~ finger gap after the coilover installation. I expect it to settle a little bit, maybe a hair over 1 finger gap.

With the roll center adjustment, I expect that it handles amazingly, :thumbsup:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
The thing I dont like about the Superpro roll center kit is that the bolt holes are elliptical shaped and despite the fact that there is a rough edge for the bolt heads to latch onto, given enough abuse from the road they will shift, effectively altering your setup:

If they offered a set that uses the same OEM bolt holes without adjustability I would snag a set,. Im not sure if this set posted has elliptical shaped bolt holes or not as the only 2 pictures posted show bolts already in the holes. http://euro.superlap.jp/item_detail/153/

JRutter

old man
I don't think that the TTs have a systemic problem with the slots shifting. Same setup.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
The superlap/moonface does not only have ordinary holes,
it also seems to give way more camber than SP. Plus the
the elevated roll center.