GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MKV gauges

Jakeypoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anybody come across gauges for the MKV that go up in the door well. Like these:

Attachments

• Used-2006-Subaru-ImprezaWRXSTi-AWDWRXSTi_ID21399599_o.jpg
    Used-2006-Subaru-ImprezaWRXSTi-AWDWRXSTi_ID21399599_o.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 3,232

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
No and I'm glad I can say that.
There is one option that floated around the internet but never actually seen it in a car other than promo pics but it's position was at the back of dashboard in the corner where the pilar meets the glass.
Your options are air vent, centre dash board, steering wheel stock ashtray area or where I mentioned above if you can actually find a vendor. A million threads on these gauge location options if you have a search.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I have the center vent triple gauge pod, and I say that is the best place to put gauges ON ANY car.

Its the most practical but also the most conspicuous. Attracts too much attention, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I wish i did the 3 gauges on the dash instead of the vent.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
I have had the dash pod for years now and love the way it looks but the fitment sucks. It's the only thing in the car that rattles. No matter what I try. 3m tape, velcro, foam padded tape,, it works for a while then it just comes back.
I was even considering spraying expanding foam inside then pinning it down, that way it form around the gauges, make firm contact with both dash and pod and also perhaps slightly stretch it to sit with a snug and tight fitment. It's that or silicon because it bugs the hell out of me.
For reference to all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 10,562

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
In the pic above I had only just installed it that evening and didn't have the oil gauges fully functional as was waiting in my t fitting for the oil feed. And in this pic the far right gauge stopped working due to the cable melting as it sits so close to the turbo. Another not so good thing about this setup however I still think it looks as oem as it can.
Got a friend to fix melted cable and conector and also coat it in a heat resistant metal sleeve so not to happen again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,612

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I have had the dash pod for years now and love the way it looks but the fitment sucks. It's the only thing in the car that rattles. No matter what I try. 3m tape, velcro, foam padded tape,, it works for a while then it just comes back.
I was even considering spraying expanding foam inside then pinning it down, that way it form around the gauges, make firm contact with both dash and pod and also perhaps slightly stretch it to sit with a snug and tight fitment. It's that or silicon because it bugs the hell out of me.
For reference to all.

In the pic above I had only just installed it that evening and didn't have the oil gauges fully functional as was waiting in my t fitting for the oil feed. And in this pic the far right gauge stopped working due to the cable melting as it sits so close to the turbo. Another not so good thing about this setup however I still think it looks as oem as it can.
Got a friend to fix melted cable and conector and also coat it in a heat resistant metal sleeve so not to happen again.

:barf:

:wub: jk