GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wtf just asked a question

SteveWeiles

Well nice to know this board is x rated...however didn't know Gti took only premium so ...will probably go with the 2008 5sp 2.5 ...dealer said it a 4cylthought they were all 5 cyl...anyway what is the cheapest way to get it chipped for better performance I'm a musician an on a budget...thanks newbie

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Well nice to know this board is x rated...however didn't know Gti took only premium so ...will probably go with the 2008 5sp 2.5 ...dealer said it a 4cylthought they were all 5 cyl...anyway what is the cheapest way to get it chipped for better performance I'm a musician an on a budget...thanks newbie

If you want performance get the GTI. If you choose otherwise you will be sitting in a Rabbit wishing you didnt base your decision on the type of gas it takes.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I LOL'ed

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
we only roll x rated around here

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
There's nothing cheap you can do to a Golf to make it faster. You're better off getting a GTI and using regular gas.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Get a job ...

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
At about 30 cents extra per gallon of premium, the 500 dollar tuning cost, 200 dollar intake cost, and 600 dollar exhaust cost will only get you up to 190 crank horse power. About that of a gti. You can buy about 4000 gallons of premium has to get gti performance out of a rabbit.

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
If you're worried about gas mileage then get the TDI, APR just came out with a stage 1 tune that will get almost 300 lb-ft of torque! You can get a tune for the 2.5L engine but you will only see very small gains.

CharlieMKV

Go Kart Champion
Get a gti, take it from a previous 2.5L 5 Cyl owner..it took me nearly 4gs to get my rabbit close to stock Gti performance, next VW is going to be the mark 7 GTI for me.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
This thread is a fail. In the 500 for a chip you can get many fillups on premium