GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Springs

TriZzz

Ready to race!
Hey fam,

I want coilovers but I'm poor...

A friend of mine has an MK6 and he got the Eibach Pro-Kit and it looks REALLY good! He paid $230 shipped from TireRack and that's something I could swing.

However, for the MKV - the "pro-kit" says they lower .5" front and rear. His was definitely lower than that.

They have a "Sportline" kit which is a bit cheaper says they lower 1.2" in the front and 1" in the rear.

Does anyone have any experience with this on the MKV? Beyond lowering amount is there much of a difference between the two.

Please forgive me, I'm really REALLY not a mechanical person...would I need anything else beyond either of these kits?

I'm not looking to "slam" my car or anything. I'm on the stock suspension and the wheel gap is making me angry when I look at it - so I'm trying to eliminate a good portion of that while not reducing the ride quality too much. My buddy says his rides stiffer but it's not unbearable.

Thank you for your advice,
TriZzz

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
On my Rabbit (4dr, Auto, sunroof, heaviest Rabbit made) The Eibach Sportlines combined with the Koni Str.t gave me less than a finger gap in the rear and 1 finger in the front. (Stock 225/45/17). Not sure why the rear dropped more than the front...

I had VW Driver Gear springs installed with stock shocks awhile back and those gave me a two finger gap all around. (1")

TriZzz

Ready to race!
On my Rabbit (4dr, Auto, sunroof, heaviest Rabbit made) The Eibach Sportlines combined with the Koni Str.t gave me less than a finger gap in the rear and 1 finger in the front. (Stock 225/45/17). Not sure why the rear dropped more than the front...

I had VW Driver Gear springs installed with stock shocks awhile back and those gave me a two finger gap all around. (1")

Yeah, that's weird. I would assume that if anything would be lower...it'd be the front due to the weight of the engine...but like I said, I just got this car a year ago and it's the first car I've ever owned where I've been interested. I learn a bit more every day...but I'm far from knowledgable.

I'm just trying to give it that lowered look on a budget. $210 for the "pro-kit" which lowers .5" or $180 for the sportlines that lower 1.2" and 1".

My friend's MK6 with the pro-kit looks amazing! The MK6 pro-kit advertises at 1" front and rear.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I run the Eibach ProKit springs and like them. The race springs are stiffer, lower and probably not a good match for stock shocks.

For best look and most compatible with stock shocks get Neuspeed Sports. I am going to switch to them. Drop is more even than ProKit and springs are a little less aggressive which is a good thing with stock shocks.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ckjdgd

TriZzz

Ready to race!
Hey GIACUser! Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into them.

Lemme know how that intake works out for you! I hope you enjoy it!

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
I've had Eibach ProKit springs on my last 3 cars and I love them! They give a nice drop for a DD and are progressive, so you have pretty good dampening for small imperfections but nice and stiff handling in corners.

Mine sits at 340mm (13.39") from the center of the hub to the fender front and rear

TriZzz

Ready to race!
I've had Eibach ProKit springs on my last 3 cars and I love them! They give a nice drop for a DD and are progressive, so you have pretty good dampening for small imperfections but nice and stiff handling in corners.

Mine sits at 340mm (13.39") from the center of the hub to the fender front and rear

What is a DD?

I'm really looking for an inexpensive way to rid my ride of the wheel gap. Though, a friend of mine is telling me that replacing the springs is bad for the shocks.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What is a DD?

I'm really looking for an inexpensive way to rid my ride of the wheel gap. Though, a friend of mine is telling me that replacing the springs is bad for the shocks.

DD=Daily Driver

Note: Inexpensive may not be exactly what it seems in this case. Cost of springs may be 220 or so but you will spend more than that on the installation and alignment. You will be in the 500+ range for the project. Because install is expensive and because having matching shocks and springs is so important if you want to maintain handling for spirited driving you should just wait, save up and get a spring/shock combo. I bought mine used in excellent condition for 350 Koni FSD and ProKit and it is fantastic. It not only maintained stock handling, it improved it a lot. Adding aftermarket springs to stock shocks can actually make handling worse than stock, it will look good but the more aggressive the spring (on stock shocks) the less you will want to drive the car fast.

I look forward to the getting the new intake, thanks again.

Pic of my car on ProKit springs

TriZzz

Ready to race!
DD=Daily Driver

Note: Inexpensive may not be exactly what it seems in this case. Cost of springs may be 220 or so but you will spend more than that on the installation and alignment. You will be in the 500+ range for the project. Because install is expensive and because having matching shocks and springs is so important if you want to maintain handling for spirited driving you should just wait, save up and get a spring/shock combo. I bought mine used in excellent condition for 350 Koni FSD and ProKit and it is fantastic. It not only maintained stock handling, it improved it a lot. Adding aftermarket springs to stock shocks can actually make handling worse than stock, it will look good but the more aggressive the spring (on stock shocks) the less you will want to drive the car fast.

Thanks for the info! It sounds like I'd end up spending the same on a cup kit or even budget coilovers!

I look forward to the getting the new intake, thanks again.

I hope you got it already. I got confirmation from UPS that it delivered yesterday. Please let me know if you didn't so I can yell at UPS.

Pic of my car on ProKit springs

That looks really good! I love the UG GTIs! They have a 2008 UG R32 about 20 miles from me in MD. 40k miles for $22k. If I didn't still owe so much on mine...I'd trade it in quick!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I would recommend you do some Search and Reads on reviews of the various suspension mods. Not all of them are street friendly for daily driver. If you are using to commute you don't want a suspension that is great on a smooth track but beats you and your passengers up every time you run over a pebble or hit a dip.

I just checked and the Carbonio is here!! Thanks
Looks absolutely brand new, thanks.

Thanks for the info! It sounds like I'd end up spending the same on a cup kit or even budget coilovers!

I hope you got it already. I got confirmation from UPS that it delivered yesterday. Please let me know if you didn't so I can yell at UPS.

That looks really good! I love the UG GTIs! They have a 2008 UG R32 about 20 miles from me in MD. 40k miles for $22k. If I didn't still owe so much on mine...I'd trade it in quick!

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
I thought sportlines lower the 2007 1.8'' front and 1.6'' rear.
Look at h&r as well.