GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wtf is wrong with people?

flowsome

ENT in the morning
has anyone here ever given someone else a door ding? i'm 25 and in my 9 years of driving i have never, not once Pele'd my door open without any thought of the object next to me. :mad0259: i got another decent sized dent above the rear tire at school last night. i park far away to avoid these things and its like some asshole is driving around the world swinging doors open and then leaving. most likely with a post-dent snicker before driving to the next car. son of a bitch /rant

ArmoGTI

Ready to race!
I HATE THAT!
my doors are covered in dings and I park far as well... I don't think people realize some people actually care about there cars.

Mariach

FIA F1 World Champ..to be
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI DSG
I actually feel really embarassed about this... but, once I opened my door and did not realise that there was hurricane force winds outside, and it slammed it right into the civic beside me...
It left a huge dent.
I felt like the biggest jackoff on the planet, so I left my number on the guys windshield. He ended up calling me to say that was nice of me, but he didn't care about the dent.
Still. Jackass move. Always look before opening the door.

And if you see a cyclist, open it really quickly.

Adv4nc3r_Mk5

VW obsessed
Car(s)
VW Golf mkv
just random thought i just got. what if the problem arent them, but us? what if we are too anal about our cars? :smile: in the end, its really just a car, whether we like it or not :biggrin:

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
Car(s)
2 dr CW
just random thought i just got. what if the problem arent them, but us? what if we are too anal about our cars? :smile: in the end, its really just a car, whether we like it or not :biggrin:

No!! It is common courtesy not to damage other peoples property. If people are aware and even slightly bump the other car most time it will not leave a mark. It's the people that slam open their doors that leave a huge ding.

This happened to my friend while we were in the car! My friend opened his window has say,"Hey man! what the hell" The other guy just mugged him and walked away.

Boy that guy must have been mad after he came back to his car!

Last edited:

peter437

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
#4822 .:R32 DSG

I care about my car because i pay a lot of $$ to have it, the last thing i need is some jackass who obviously doesn't care about the value of anything to be f'ing it up. (maybe this statement in itself is anal but w.e)

And this is that I don't even have any major mods so i can only imagine how some of us that REALLY spend a lot of time and money feel when this happens

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Car(s)
Golf TDI MK6
I get furious when people do that - old car, new car, it doesn't matter. If you don't care about your own, care about someone else's. I always park at a corner spot and people laugh, I don't care - I'm very protective of my car and it cost me a lot of money!!

Adv4nc3r_Mk5

VW obsessed
Car(s)
VW Golf mkv
I care about my car because i pay a lot of $$ to have it, the last thing i need is some jackass who obviously doesn't care about the value of anything to be f'ing it up. (maybe this statement in itself is anal but w.e)

And this is that I don't even have any major mods so i can only imagine how some of us that REALLY spend a lot of time and money feel when this happens

i completely agree, personaly i never dinged anybody and im very careful about that. and if somebody even leans on my car im yelling like crazy. i payed almost twice the money for my car then u did, and believe me, i dont know anybody nearly as anal about his car as i am. i was just pointing out that its not all that matters

TheDude0388

Spida Spida
Car(s)
Dubs

NOT AT ALL! Other people jus don't care about their car or cars in general!! Just disrescpectful if you ask me..:mad: