GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf-V Aftermarket Suspension Guide

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
Hi mate...based on experience my 2008 GTi appeared to have a lower ride height than earlier models.

I installed eibach sportlines and I was ocassionally scrubbing my wheels inside the front arches during "spirited" driving and hard turns. Everyone I spoke to on forums with earlier cars did not have the issue.

The car was brand new... done under a thousand miles. Issue was resolved by fitting a White Line Antio Lift kit.

Hope this helps....

The Eibach Sportline springs give about 2" of lowering, while their Pro Kit springs are around a 1" drop. The thing I am asking is this going to be a 1" drop on my 2009 GTI or is it fittet from the factory with taller springs (like the 2006-2007 GTI) and the pro kit give me 2" lower ride. I'm looking for 1" drop in back and 1.5 drop infront to level my ride....

apollosfury

designeddwk
The Eibach Sportline springs give about 2" of lowering, while their Pro Kit springs are around a 1" drop. The thing I am asking is this going to be a 1" drop on my 2009 GTI or is it fittet from the factory with taller springs (like the 2006-2007 GTI) and the pro kit give me 2" lower ride. I'm looking for 1" drop in back and 1.5 drop infront to level my ride....

You should check the manufacturers site, it can be helpful.
www.eibach.com

for a 2006-2007 GTI

Pro-Kit: F:1.0", R:1.0" Part #: 85100.140
Sportline: F:1.8", R: 1.6" Part #: 4.10085

for a 2008-2009 GTI:

Pro-Kit: F: 0.7", R: 0.7" Part #: 85100.140
Sportline: F: 1.5", R: 1.3" Part #: 4.10085

same part numbers, they've just accounted for the ride height change...

apollosfury

designeddwk
Here's mine on Sachs Performance Coilovers...

this is the first time i've heard/seen this set up. looks pretty good. where did you get it?

apollosfury

designeddwk
^^^
Never heard of it either...I just know that Sachs makes our OEM struts/shocks though

yeah, i knew that. i even googled the kit and didn't find anything particularly useful there.

apollosfury

designeddwk
but he's from austrailia

apollosfury

designeddwk
truth

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Hey fellas, here's a thread I started when I originally got them...

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52666

ZF Sachs is absolutely massive, they make OEM dampers/clutches for tons of manufacturers (like VW), and they also have a performance arm (Sachs Race Engineering) which make stuff for aftermarket and all the way to Touring Car series, 24h Le Mans, WRC, Formula 1 etc.

I was sold by the quality and adjustablilty of these coilovers, you can see my review in the thread link above. Though, they're not for someone looking to slam their ride - the pic I posted is as low as the rear will go (collars have been removed), the front can go about 20mm lower. Not that I want to go lower, really happy with the stance now... and the ride quality. :thumbup:

Probably never heard of them because they hadn't been released in the US until about 4 months ago through TC Kline Racing. Apparently these guys are the shit, definitely charging for it though.

Here's a link to the Sachs Race Engineering website, and some pics I took when I got them...
http://www.zf.com/corporate/en/comp...rain_suspension_components/zf_sre/zf_sre.html

Last edited:

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
You should check the manufacturers site, it can be helpful.
www.eibach.com

for a 2006-2007 GTI

Pro-Kit: F:1.0", R:1.0" Part #: 85100.140
Sportline: F:1.8", R: 1.6" Part #: 4.10085

for a 2008-2009 GTI:

Pro-Kit: F: 0.7", R: 0.7" Part #: 85100.140
Sportline: F: 1.5", R: 1.3" Part #: 4.10085

same part numbers, they've just accounted for the ride height change...

EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks!

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler