GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** Golf R (R20) revealed!! **

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
I beleive it has an FSI style cold air intake (for top end power).... but with TSI modifications such as timing chain, hpfp running off exhaust cam etc, etc...

who knows ...mere conjecture at this point.

I need a low 5's 0-60 minimum as well as tremendous handling and low weight in order to justify a trade....

sigh...

The initial numbers they released were off. According to Autoblog:

"Speaking of feeling, those earlier 60-mph runs were a little off: the manual gets to 62 in 5.7, the DSG in 5.5. Should we get it, we have a feeling we'll enjoy it."

Shazsta

Dirt
Not even worth looking at if its an FSI motor without a major fuel system modification. Everything in that picture points to an FSI except the badging.

I beleive it has an FSI style cold air intake (for top end power).... but with TSI modifications such as timing chain, hpfp running off exhaust cam etc, etc...

who knows ...mere conjecture at this point.

actually it seems to be the BHZ engine. which is the beefed up version of our '06s-'08s. same thats in the s3, tt-s. you all probably read that too though. beefed up bottom end, rods, cams. i wish our engines came stock like that.

edit- from the other site:

TSI of the Golf R

The EA113 series direct-injection petrol engine is used in the new Golf R; its turbocharger makes it very flexible and variable right up into the highest performance ranges. The 1,984 cm3 TSI’s specific power is a respectable 100.3 kW / 136.6 PS per litre displacement, and its response is just as impressive. The engine’s power can be spontaneously summoned in the blink of an eye throughout its speed range. The engine also impressively underscores its potential acoustically. Visually too: Its two chrome tailpipes can be seen at the centre of the bumper under the diffuser integrated there – an ‘R trait’ that the previous model also displayed.

The in-line four-cylinder engine develops its tremendous propulsive power via a turbocharger (up to 1.2 bar boost pressure) with inter-cooling. The engine, with a weight of just 152 kilograms, is controlled by a fully electronic engine management system with E-Gas. The cylinders of the four-cylinder engine have been equipped with reinforcing bolts, unlike less powerful TSI versions. Also designed to be stronger are the connecting rods, so that they can reliably transfer the engine’s high torque to the crankshaft. Last but not least the cylinder block was also reinforced to handle the aggressive engine forces.

keep in mind that "TSI" does not necesarily mean the same thing as TSI in our community. its like an umbrella term for VW

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
ya but I'm sure the R20 is gonna sound better than a scooby doo flat 4.... that new STI sounds like a deranged hoover vacuum from the inside.... it definitely needs a more engaging exhaust note...

VW has already proven they can make a turbo 4 sound more "naturally aspirated"... the regualr 2.0 FSI/Tsi is the proof... it sounds great...and I reckon the R20 will sound even more ferocious...

False.

Subi's boxer engines are teh secks :drool:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Will you please go buy a Subaru of any kind no matter what thread I see you in thats all you talk about. If you love em that much go get one, damn you act like they r expensive.

Oh sorry... I forgot ONLY VW's exist in the car world...

I was not even the one who brought up the STi in this thread OR the exhaust sound...

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Will you please go buy a Subaru of any kind no matter what thread I see you in thats all you talk about. If you love em that much go get one, damn you act like they r expensive.

hahaha

Oh sorry... I forgot ONLY VW's exist in the car world...

I was not even the one who brought up the STi in this thread OR the exhaust sound...

yea doucher, i was the one who brought it up.

sti > r20

vw dropped the ball. still isnt powerful enough and especially using the FSI motor. done

Blaine and I are getting ballin ass subies.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
:lol: @ DanSan with his STI addiction

im getting a subie next as well. hell man even look at my name "hksWRXti"

:thumbup: