AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI

06gtimk5

Boost Shift Screech
Car(s)
2006 2DR WHITE GTI
so, in theory, if i went with coilovers and say only lowered them 2" instead of slamming then at 2.5", would they ride decent?

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Please PM him instead

KkSc

TS Auto Design
Car(s)
Audi B7 2.0T/ VW MkV
hi guys, does anyone that is running Eibach Sportline along with stock shocks that tells me how is the ride quality of this springs??will it be really bouncy??and is it too low for DD??

xxx_mojo_xxx

Car(s)
Golf GTi DSG MK5
hi guys, does anyone that is running Eibach Sportline along with stock shocks that tells me how is the ride quality of this springs??will it be really bouncy??and is it too low for DD??

Hi KkSc,

I've been running sportlines with stock shocks on my GTi for the past 6 or so. Drops the car nicely and give it a nice stance.

It's a great cost effective option. The ride is worlds apart from the stock springs - braking response, handling, cornering are all improved noticeably.

As a bonus ride quality is not adversely affected. From what I have read I suspect the shocks will not last as long due to the extra work and loads they are exposed to during spirited driving...but when that time comes, I plan to go for KoniFSDs.

Hope that helps. :23:

Some photos to show what it all looks like:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Off topic, but that's a very nice color on your GTI. That's a rare color in the states; I've only seen a few Jetta's with it. It's not even offered on the Golf's/Rabbit's.:frown:

Edit: Your antenna is interesting too... It's a whip antenna as well as the shark fin.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Here's mine on Sachs Performance Coilovers...

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
I read through this whole thread again looking for something that tell me about the stock ride heigth for my 2009 GTI. Are these cars same heigth as the 2008 GTI or lower like the 2006 and 2007 GTI?

I want to lower my 2009 about an inch in back and about 1.5" in front to get rid of the 4x4 look and level it, yet still have a comfortable ride as this is used for daily driver. Because the car has only 2,000 miles on it I would like to keep the stock shocks and am looking at the Eibach Pro Kit springs. But for the life of me I cannot figure out what amount of lowering to expect on this 2009 GTI.

xxx_mojo_xxx

Car(s)
Golf GTi DSG MK5
Hi mate...based on experience my 2008 GTi appeared to have a lower ride height than earlier models.

I installed eibach sportlines and I was ocassionally scrubbing my wheels inside the front arches during "spirited" driving and hard turns. Everyone I spoke to on forums with earlier cars did not have the issue.

The car was brand new... done under a thousand miles. Issue was resolved by fitting a White Line Antio Lift kit.

Hope this helps....