GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obsess Much? - Things that annoy or distract you about anything to do with your MKV

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Like the title states.

What are those little things that distract, annoy, or otherwise get in the way of you being able to simply enjoy your MKV? This could be anything about the car specifically, or something about you or your personality that you have noticed with your MKV that you may have disregarded otherwise.

I'll start..

When I had vehicles like my 4Runner, or HiLux Surf in winter it didn't bother me too much, but now when ppl get in my GTI and knock their shoes/boots on my door sills before getting in drives me nuts. I understand they are trying to be polite by not trudging snow and slush into my new car, but seriously!?!? - Do you hear my car crying just a little with each blow you deliver?

I was driving my friend's grandfather home the other day (he is 91, and a pretty cool dude actually), and he knocked his boots off on the side of my freakin' passenger seat!?!? WTF mate? LOL

Lets hear what you got!

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
the awful rattle coming from the glove box area that can't be diagnosed and forces me to always drive with either music on or a window open to obscure the noise

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
how about when people put bags/drinks/whatever on the roof of the car when they get out? i hate that, especially when a girl throws her purse on the roof when my car is all dusty (and needs to be washed) and i can feel scratches that much be on the way :eyebulge:

good news is though, she is super hot :drool:

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
i have a 2 Door and i hate it when people cannot figure out how to move the seat forward and their pullin and yankin on the seat and pumping the height adjuster and i'm like, just pull the fuckin handle.

or when someone is in the front seat and they keep toying with the center armrest, moving it back and forth like "oooh this thing moves" it's like c'mon.

NinjaNikki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 UG GTI
OHHHHHH!!!! I hate when you are talking to someone outside the car and they instintivly lean against the car or lean something against the car.

Drives me nuts... the other day I come home from work and my neighbour is shovelling her driveway I pull in and she comes over for a chat.... anyways halfway through the chat she leans her shovel against my car and I just about loose it. I reach for it and she realizes what she did. lol

chonface

does not have pink eye
i have a 2 Door and i hate it when people cannot figure out how to move the seat forward and their pullin and yankin on the seat and pumping the height adjuster and i'm like, just pull the fuckin handle.

or when someone is in the front seat and they keep toying with the center armrest, moving it back and forth like "oooh this thing moves" it's like c'mon.

yes that definately

plus the side markers make me cringe so ugly i need to fix that

Adv4nc3r_Mk5

VW obsessed
Car(s)
VW Golf mkv
just the rattles. nothing else

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
When people cant use the easy access for the rear seats (2-dr)
When people put shit on top of my car, on the roof
When one of my friend tires to change the radio or open the sunroof from the back seat. Last time he did that I just floored it and he got tossed in the seat, sinse then he has never done it. :-D

Oh yeah and most of all when someone picked up my keys and starts to play with the switchblade having the key pop out back in over and over again like they have just seen fire for the first time.

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
This is gonna sound bad.

I really hate how cum sticks to these seats. :iono:

Here comes the gay jokes..."All the gay sex is really ruining my interior...:lol:" but no, seriously...

I have leather seats, a GF I have been with for more then 2 years, and plastic wrap is for leftovers.

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
Yea, getting my GF to swallow a load....I've been barking up that tree for quite some time, and it ain't happening.

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr

ikeepsitReal

haz ur gf

X2 I thought I had the only idiotic friends.
I always make ppl get in on my side, I don't need anyone breaking my passenger seat.

Another thing that distracts me is my wheels...or lack there of.
I have steelies... totally ruins the car for me. I need a nice set of OEM ones real soon

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
the key thing is for sure a biggie. assholes at school always grab it off the desk and flip it open and closed in amazement. I dont mind that much because it really is a neat key and I would do the same, but they are wearing out my goddamn spring!

When my dad gets in my car he puts the palm of his hand RIGHT on the airbag opening on the dash and I have seen Rabbits with that section all loose from this being done a lot... not looking forward to it.

People putting hands on the headliner. dont know if you know this or not but it pulls/tears really easily. scraggly fingernails will yank the threads and it will look all gnarley. I have a few spots on my headliner from when the dealer was detailing that never got fixed :(

people pushing shopping carts past my car. I have no rubstrips or anything and those doors dent pretty easily.

people using the trunk spoiler as a handle to lift the trunk open. I have seen spoilers come off the trunk doing this! cut it the fuck out and use the handle!

Seeing hand prints on the back of MKVs on the road. the trunk has ergo-handles on the INSIDE, use them!

people jumping in my seats, having no regard for my mini-leatherette bolsters :(

people bitching about the crank wheel they have to use to put the seat back. I tell them that Volvo started it and they get all pissy.

People asking me what DSG is and why its so great. I like when they ask me, I get to explain it to them but they get all weird because I went "boy genius" on them with my "life story"
A cop asked me what it meant while ticketing me for going too fast down a hill (my one and only ticket). He told me he tested the hill in his crown vic and, doing the speed limit, he could not obtain my speed at the end of the hill. I politely and firmly explained that my awesome transmission is partially the reason I was able to coast so quickly down the hill (65 in a 50). I dont know if it was true or not, but he got me for 10 over :) (doing 50, I will be at 61 at the bottom of the hill if coasting in D, so I was still speeding a little bit)

The inside of my windshield is a total bitch to clean and keep clean. the rear window is equally bad. I envy you hatchers, just lift and wipe vs crouch and swat.

The noises coming from my trunk, with the rear seats up and locked, is amazing. too much noise in the cabin of this car. my MKIII was much quieter. I can also hear ever piece of sand from the road hitting my wheel wells.

audio = piss. My friend has a mariner hybrid with the Audiophile package :) lots of bass and very crisp. makes my MKV sound like a pile of shit and it really bothers me. isn't this the "Premium VII" radio?!

wipers always streak. had them replaced 3 times for free by different dealers, new arms, claybarred windshield, same exact problem as day one. can I have my car be declared a lemon for the wipers?

ride height is very high, but lowering would cause scraping in some of my adventerous city driving. lose lose situation.

Rear seat belts rub against leatherette seats and cause them to get all nasty and black. I keep a stuffed-animal monkey toy strapped to my rear set to alleviate this. (had it in the car when pulled over, cop was like "WTF?!")

My super strong monster mats that were thrown in with the car for free have a hole where my heel goes. weaksauce.

Sirius radio cuts out all the time when driving even under overpasses. If I am parked and enjoying some delicious white castle in my car at 3 AM, if I move my head to reach for the napkins in the glove box, the radio will cut out. "when the dog sneezed, we lost the picture..."

right knee is always sore from resting against center console. needs padding. Arm rests are not padded enough either. door sill is too high, arm rest is too low.

Windows roll up/down very slowly. good thing they are all one touch, it takes FOREVER for them to move! lots of torque though, they break through ice and other crap with ease where other have to slam the door hard a few times to get the windows to roll down. I can feel the door frame in my friends mariner tweak and bend as the windows hit full open/full close... pretty lightweight doors.

not a satisfying enough sound when doors close. they should all sound JUST like the hood when closing, they sound rattely and hollow. a friends 79 320i sounded more solid than this!

steering feels a little digital at low speeds. electromechanical power steering assist is leagues ahead of hydraulic as far as I'm concerned, but I get a blippy motor feeling when chugging along at 15 or less MPH. very noticeable when stopped. good that the wheel does not snap back like a retard on crack like the Cobalt's do...

no lighting on sunroof dial. why did you remove this for the 08s, VW!? same with the lights on the bottom of the doors, I only have reflectors but my dads jetta has lights! 05s had lights under the mirrors outside!? whats next?

I will add more as they come to me so stay tuned!

Last edited: