GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Little Red Light on Door is On...?

seabass

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

Sometimes, I notice that on my door, where the "lock and unlock" nub is supposed to be, that there is a red light on. This happens sometimes. Does anyone know what it could be?

Thanks!

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Is it your alarm sensor that's blinking red?

Big A

Smoked dem cigarettes
When the lock icon is on? that means the door is locked. when you unlock it, it'll turn off.

??? is that it?

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
When the lock icon is on? that means the door is locked. when you unlock it, it'll turn off.

??? is that it?

That's more of an orange light then red. I'm not sure exactly what he's talking about.

97C280

Stage 2
My light used to blink even when the car is disarmed/unlocked. It was related to my interior domes not working when the door opens as well as the MFD reading that my driver door is CLOSED and sometimes it wouldn't even light up. Brought it to the dealer, my locking mechanism went bad and they replaced it under warranty and everything is great now.

seabass

Passed Driver's Ed
ok so on many cars, you know how theres a lock thing on the door, that you can pull up and down to lock the door? like a little nub that you pull up or push down? on our cars, there isn't one, but instead theres a small light there. I'm wondering what it means when it is solid red when I am driving.

Thanks.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
ok so on many cars, you know how theres a lock thing on the door, that you can pull up and down to lock the door? like a little nub that you pull up or push down? on our cars, there isn't one, but instead theres a small light there. I'm wondering what it means when it is solid red when I am driving.

Thanks.

Seriously? Look at it man. The top piece is a unlock picture the second is the lock picture. When the lock picture is lit up your car is locked. It's not rocket science bro. :iono:

when it's solid red i heard about it having to do with pressing unlock on the key fob the same exact time the light blinks on while the car's locked. hasn't happened to me yet since it requires pretty much perfect timing.

seabass

Passed Driver's Ed
Seriously? Look at it man. The top piece is a unlock picture the second is the lock picture. When the lock picture is lit up your car is locked. It's not rocket science bro. :iono:

that's not what I'm talking about. I mean like at the top of the door, near your left shoulder. theres the little pin in many cars that pops up when open and down when locked.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
that's not what I'm talking about. I mean like at the top of the door, near your left shoulder. theres the little pin in many cars that pops up when open and down when locked.

Refer to my first post for your answer.

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
some1 said it earlier, if it's solid red while u driving it's locked. if it's blinking while u driving, then i don't know lol. it's been a topic long time ago.

DooMMAsteR

native German
it is a softwareproblem of the DoorControlunit
but since those are nut softwareupgradable it cannot be fixed without replacing the Unit
as they cost about $150 and the LED is not important it has never been done and noeoen ever will

sometime the red light freezes or dies...but not for longer than one lock/unlock period

as said, don't worry, the light hat no important role or meaning