GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potholes

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
Anyone here needed to replace a tire due to bubbling? Today I went over a big pothole and now I'm worried. :frown: The roads here are pretty bad, potholes are so deep. :mad0259:

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
hit a pot hole on stock classix, front right tire bubbled, under tire guard warranty, vw villa fixed it free of charge, no questions asked.

asam

Ready to race!
Take it to a dealer of whatever brand tire you have. Warranty :biggrin: Try to keep them from knowing you hit a pothole. :iono:

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
vw villa didn't ask me why there was a bubble, they just simply told me yeah it's dangerous to drive on that tire so they replaced it.

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
Where in Markham did you hit a pothole?

I was travelling East on Steeles Ave East, just past Midland Ave on the left lane there is a pothole on the left side. I was making a lane change and while checking my blind spot, the pothole sneaked up on me. =[ Fellow Drivers beware.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
I was travelling East on Steeles Ave East, just past Midland Ave on the left lane there is a pothole on the left side. I was making a lane change and while checking my blind spot, the pothole sneaked up on me. =[ Fellow Drivers beware.

Haha I know which pothole you're talking about! You have to make sure you change lane right away after that light. I have hit that thing 3 times already everytime it gives me a heart attack cuz it'll sound like BOOM! Still good here but I do run 38psi on my tires (rated as cold air tire pressure on the door card). :thumbsup:

jimmer

Rim and Tire Damage from pothole-Dealership wouldn't go goos for it

U must have a great dealership..... got the winter tires and rims put on and bought from the VW dealership....I bought the tire warrity deal when i bought the car.. anyhow they told me that they/VW wouldnt cover it cause it was a pothole. The Sevice Manager told me that if i hit a Rock or a peice of lumber on the road that then ,they would cover it...But he siad that POTHOLES and CURB SIDES they will NOT Cover it......Of Course i was piss at this point.......then he took me aside and told me that if it happens again....just lie about what u hit,,but dont tell us it was a pothole or curb.....and then we'll cover all costs,,,,,,,,i was like WTF.....so anyhow...i'm getting my car's maintenance now done at another VW dealership.....very dissappointed..:thumbdown:

wyng

pssshhh pssshhhhhh
Car(s)
CW 5dr GTI
Take it to a dealer of whatever brand tire you have. Warranty :biggrin: Try to keep them from knowing you hit a pothole. :iono:

I hit a pothole big enough that my tire exploded on the spot.

Good thing for VW's tire warranty (and Derek for telling me so!) :thumbsup: Oh, and the dealer knew it was a pothole. Still covered it.

And the roads are so bad that the L-bracket/bolt that holds my FMIC to the transmission casing (I think?) snapped off.. Now it makes an annoying rubbing noise every time I turn slow.

Oh, and this is McNicoll/Leslie area.

DAMN POTHOLES!! :mad:

Last edited:

goldn

capt. no dub
Car(s)
E91
i'm now one of the GTA's best rallye drivers.
daily training on bathurst, 401 & bayview.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
i'm now one of the GTA's best rallye drivers.
daily training on bathurst, 401 & bayview.

LOL YES NEIL.

Fucking Bayview, is horrible.

Anywhere on Bayview, and anywhere on Steeles, seems to be the two worst streets in the world because of the potholes.

Sadly, I live just off Bayview, and well, I'm up on Steeles all the time :frown:

Looks like the Moon with all those craters in the ground :bellyroll:

alanchicken

的士佬
road condition in toronto is EXTREMELY bad. popholes even appear on 401. i hit a pophole once while i was driving 100+km/h on 401. it sounds kinda like hitting something.