GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E-mailed Carbonio about MK5 Intake....PICS

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
I e-mailed Carbonio about when their MK5 Intakes for the GTI would be available. The word is they will be available in about 3 weeks, order from APR and APR's distributors. Price is expected to be $280-$290, made from carbon fiber.

The new intake includes the pressurized intake plenum along with a high flow oil-less foam drop in panel filter.

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
ooooh newcastle thats the word ive been waiting for. I have the carbonio on my mkIV and a lot of shout outs performance and as well as sound. I'll buy it as soon as it comes out before I even have the car.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
For now this is probably the way to go. I would like something that smooths out the flex hose areas...all those ridges can't be good for air flow. I imagine later intakes for this car will have MAF sensor upgrades too.

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
yeah this air intake looks hot, now i wish i did not buy the neuspeed one, well i could always buy that when it comes out in 3 weeks if the reviews are really really good on it
:coolpics:

Yeah i said this before i actually got the neuspeed one, and i take back the statement i said above

Last edited:
I don't understand how that can actually do anything! If that is just replacing the part highlighted in red, then I rather just take it off and leave it off. Why pay that much for a new one that does the same thing but it's just carb fiber? It's just an induct, not piping.

The older on is a real cold air intake with piping.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
I agree. Neuspeed has an extended pipe coming out for their current intake that will make it a true CAI.

Upcoming Options:
Heat barrier wrap
Indy-car style heat blanket
Race Series CAI tubing extension
Custom engine cover

Also, for neuspeed:

Flow bench test results are in:

Stock airbox assembly including filter:
346 CFM @ 23"of water

NEUSPEED P-FLO Kit including filter:
529 CFM @ 23"of water

That means the stock engine cover airbox. The neuspeed replaces it and gains more air.

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
Previously, for the make 4 1.8T I saw some great results before I bought one for mine and if I am not mistaking 18turbo.com rated it the best CAI for the 1.8T engine. So hopefully the new one is just as good.

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
vdubGTi said:
ooooh newcastle thats the word ive been waiting for. I have the carbonio on my mkIV and a lot of shout outs performance and as well as sound. I'll buy it as soon as it comes out before I even have the car.
yo vdubGTi!!hows the carbonio on ur mk4 works n hows the sound? can u describe about it a little? i wanna have some deep n aggresive sound for my fast:biggrin: some pssssss at the end would b better

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
I am really happy that Icranon loves his new Newspeed intake.

I was only posting that there will soon be a new Carbonio intake on the market. The difference is price is due to the use of carbon fiber in the Carbonio intake anyway.

I am personally not a huge fan of straight pipe cold air intakes, due to the decrease in low end torque which is what makes this car shine.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Newcastle said:
I am really happy that Icranon loves his new Newspeed intake.

I was only posting that there will soon be a new Carbonio intake on the market. The difference is price is due to the use of carbon fiber in the Carbonio intake anyway.

I am personally not a huge fan of straight pipe cold air intakes, due to the decrease in low end torque which is what makes this car shine.

I really dont want to be rude or something.. but whats the point in replacing the original intake if there are no power gains, just looks?