GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Owners, My new GTI having tranny issues already, 2400mi.

capulina

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
My GTI, duh!
Well i finally decided to take my new GTI in for Service after noticing for a while that when driving the car, it will shift too hard, specially from 2nd to 3rd. The shifts were really hard, and I could feel the nose diving from such a harsh jerk. it happens in all modes, regular Drive, Sport mode, Paddle Shifting. I took my car in and after a day of diagnostics, the mechanic told me that they really havent been trained to work on this new transmission, so he had to speak with the VWOA techs. So they will be replacing two parts (not sure which ones) next week to see if that fixes the problem. I thought VW's warranty was to simply swap out the whole transmission? At least thats what my salesman told me:mad: So any one else having similar issues, or feel the same problem occuring? If they cannot fix the problem i will be contacting VWOA very soon.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
thats just how the tranny gets after awhile. my friend audi A3 is like that when it shifts, audi told em it was perfectly normal.

capulina

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
My GTI, duh!
The weird thing is it doesnt do it all the time. Most of the time it shifts really smooth, but the hard shifts are getting more and more frequent. I got my car back the same day, since they couldnt do anyhitng. The mechanic told me he messed with the computer settings a bit. But now, it does the same thing when downshifting! also now i a hear a loud knocking sound from the engine :iono:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
nomios said:
Sorry to hear about your DSG issues. Mine is up around 4k and shifts are still as silky smooth as the day I got it.

x2

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
That does not sound normal... Hope they find the problem, and fix it. I have 2,800 miles and the only time my dsg is a little hard is when the tranny is cold.