GOLFMKV

APR vs GIAC

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
yea that really is... but its also not the first thread that I have read like that about APR chips... There was another guy who had to get his APR chip redone several times because each time the stock mode was quicker than the chiped mode.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
interesting read, thanks for sharing Wild Hare. I think I am still leaning towards APR due to the convenience of switching between programs via my cruise control stalk.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
alf said:
Cruiswe control stalk is even the easiest way for the dealership to know ur chipped. ;)

alf

I have been thinking that to myslfe for a while now

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
true, but can't you use the lockout code so this mod would be invisible?

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Yea but doesm't APR has on their web site the instructions on how to control the chip so anything you know how to do, a tech could find out quite quickly...

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Yes, but the beauty of the lockout code is that the tech would have to know your code - I think, cause I don't have the APR programming.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Im not sure then... I would imagine it would not be hard to see if they were looking for it... And thats the big thing will they look for it?

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
mkfast5 said:
does anyone know what that kid means in the thread on vortex about giacs "hammer file"??
YES!

GIAC has 3 files out for the MKV. The third and "most agressive" file is the Hammer (or the more commom X +). It holds the waste gate closed longer to maintain higher boost longer.

I drove a freinds hammer GTI... it is very quick!:bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
My understanding is that the Hammer File is another name for the Giac X file.

mkfast5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
BMP MK5
thanks griss, i thought it had to be that, thats what i have
i was about to be pisses i thought there was something better then the x out, but i guess not

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
^^^ I knew that was coming.