GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing the intake or adding the Forge Spacer without voiding warranty?

donjuandl

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for a change in the shy engine sound of my 2.0T GTI. Is there a way to have an intake and/or a spacer without taking the change to void the warranty. Is there any VW OEM parts that would do the same? If the aftermarket parts where installed by the dealer , would it be ok for the warranty ?(even if i'm sure they never say a BOV before!!!!) For the intake, wich is the best?

thanx a lot :burnrubber:

There are a few intakes (APR, EVOMS, Neuspeed) out there but I am pretty sure VW would state that it would void the warranty. If you look around this forum people have purchased and have pros and cons....

And Forge has a spacer that makes that cool sound you want...

Always remember, if you are worried about your warranty, don't do it...You have to pay to play...

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
I got the adjustable spacer, best thing evar, I just switch it off whenever I go to the dealership. Also revo is undetectable as well.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
This has been covered before...any after market part can technically void the warranty. If there is a problem with the car and the problem was caused by an aftermarket part than it will not be covered under warranty. But if the problem isnt related to the part (i.e. your engine blows and the only after market thing you have is lowering springs) then warranty will cover it. I