GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mil/cel came on...twice

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So yesterday some point on my way to work the cel, or mil light as VW calls it, came on. I was almost to work so I just pulled into the bay and reset it. Everything was fine drove it like I normaly do today and it came on again. I think it has to do with the boost. I was in first came around a coner close to my destination. I gave it some gas to hear the turbo spool up then let right up on the gas and presto...cel came on again. It is still on and the car drives normal. The car is completely stock except for the boost gauge I put on months ago. Some of the factors now are, it's warmer and I have about 3,300 miles on the car. I installed the boost gauge just like the how to posted. The other odd thing is how black my tips on my exhaust have been ever since I purchased the car. I checked the connections where the gauge is tied in and the gauge still registers the same....so not sure if it is the culprit. Any suggestions??? I am going to take the car in probably tuesday morning, but I do not want to listen to them say "oh its the connection to the boost gauge..you need to remove it first." Maybe I am just worrying too much about the dealership, I just remember how Mazda was with my wifes car.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Tough one...I believe the dirty exhaust is a problem everyone is having. If I clean mine it is blackened the next day. As for the boost gauge, I have concerns now. I ordered mine and have sat on it for about a week now (need the free time). This is the first I've heard of problems possibly related to the boost gauge. I think I'm going to hold off now and wait to see what you find out. Sorry I can't help. Seems you need to visit the service dept though. Good luck and keep us posted. There's 4 free hours I have tomorrow now that I won't be installing that.:frown:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
the only thing i could think of...is that maybe a vaccum line that has to do with the boost gauge or something in that area might be throwing that cel

other than that a boost gauge shouldnt do anything to throw a cel....as for the black tips i think we all are experinceing that...its just cuz these cars run nice a rich to keep them from having detonation problems with the lower octane gas

atleast thats what my salesman told me along with a tech at my dealer...so take that as u will

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
See....I just don't think it is the boost gauge.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
it proably isnt....its proably something unrelated...just take it to the dealer and see what they have to say....that really all u can do

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah...it will go in tuesday. They don't know it yet but they will see it tuesday. LOL

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hmm...It would be some what easy to do. Thanks.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The factory....yes the factory line I taped into was cracked. I took out the cracked area and everything is fine. The hose that comes from the factory is a softer one than what you would get aftermarket wise. I am gonna replace the whole hose today. But, as of today no problems since I fixed it. From what I have read I am not the only one with this issue.....some one else had a cracked boost line and they had no mods done to the car.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I had a CEL come on the other day for a few hours. It got really hot, and really humid, really fast here in the 2Cities though. I'm guessing maybe even that would have somehting to do with it. I was away for the weekend (not driving) and when I got home is when the light came on.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Loccusst, did the dealer fix it under warranty, or did they give you a hard time because of the boost gauge? Or did you fix it yourself? Just curious because I installed by AWE vent boost gauge 2 weekends ago - so far no problems.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I did it myself. Cheap part easy fix. I am still surprised they put such a weak tube on the car.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah, I already planned on replacing hoses down the road. This one brought this to my attention for future moddin.