GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK5 GT 2.0 FSI can anyone help??

dakk77

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKv Golf GTI
I HAVE A 2004 MK5 GOLF GT. 2.0 FSI MANUAL, I BOUGHT IT BACK IN JANUARY FROM A VW DEALER IN MILTON KEYNES, SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD A CRACKED RADIATOR, FAULTY A/C AND BULB OUT WARNING PROBLEMS, ALL OF WHICH HAVE BEEN SORTED.
HOWEVER THE LATEST IS IN MY OPINION VERY SCARY, THE CAR LOOSES POWER INTERMITTENTLY IT STARTED IF I SHIFTED UP TO 6TH FROM 5TH INITIALLY. HAD FAULT CODES READ NO FAULTS THEN THEY SEEMED TO THINK IT WAS A FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM SO THEY CHANGED VARIOUS BITS THEN THEY SEEMED TO THINK IT WAS THE IGNITION WITH An INTERMITTENT FAULT AND ORDERED An ECU THEN THE ECU COULDN'T BE PROGRAMED!!!
ALL SEEMED WELL UNTIL MID SEPTEMBER AND I PULLED OUT FROM A JUNCTION AND BAM!! NO POWER AGAIN, I CONTACTED VW AND THE BASICALLY SAID IF I CAN REPRODUCE THE FAULT THEY WILL FIX IT??? THE FAULT IS A FEELING LIKE THE REV LIMITED HAS CUT IN AND THE THROTTLE PEDAL IS DEAD FOR ABOUT 30SECS OR SO IT DOES NOT SEEM TO MATTER WHAT GEAR I'M IN DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS BECAUSE MY LOCAL DEALER SEEMS UNABLE TO FIX THE CAR IF THE COMPUTER SAYS NO !! THEY SEEM LOST?? WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE THROTTLE IS DEAD AND NEITHER SPEED OR RPM INCREASES.
in addition i drove the car today on a road test b4 taking it out with the technician problem occurred about 11 times in 1hr 26mins of motorway driving. resulting in complete loss of power and no recovery. pull over to hard shoulder in neutral car will not get above 2600rpm static phoned vw assist and dealer i thought "great at last" this should tell them once and for all what the fault really is, however after 20mins and when the vw sent rac bloke arrived it was fkin fine grrrrrrrrr, however as i was 9miles from dealer rac bloke said he would follow the car juddered and lost power again but this time as the many before it regained power but the engine management light came on a first also so i thought gr8 suggests a fault for vw. took it in to them they said the computer says its a fuel pressure sensor? they have changed this less than a month ago its still under warrenty you see. im wondering if the fault is something else causing this it sounds just as describe at the beging of this thread any ideas???

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
I'm sure I read this somewhere else on the forum. Some one having problems with an intermittant drop in power and no revs. Have a look in the off topic area, or post this in there too. I'm sure they got it fixed in the end.
Sorry I can't be any more help.

Hope you get your sorted soon chap.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
1) Please do not type in CAPS and please use punctuation and paragraphing.
2) Although I am not too familiar with the 2.0FSI the problem sounds possibly like a malf'd fuel pump, either through a malfunctioning sensor or a failed high pressure fuel pump itself. The worst is when a problem is intermittent, since remedying it is very difficult. I don't believe that there are no codes being recorded - with the number of sensors on the car, when something goes wrong, another component knows about it. Could be any number of things, tbh, so the only way to be sure is through the VAGCOM code. Best of luck.

Dan-K

I have exactly the same car and with the same problem.
MK5 Golf 2.0 FSI 2004 manual that cuts out intermittently (sudden loss of power). When it happens I get 2 lights on the dash board "EPC" and "Traction control". If I pull over and restart the engine everything is fine. I’ve took it back to VW dealer several times, but they can’t find any faults. The dealer has changed various bits but 3 years on it still happens, sometimes not for months, but it’s very scary and dangerous when it does happen. It’s happened about 10 times in 3 years (most recently, 3 nights ago), there’s no pattern to it, short journeys, long journeys, 30 mph and 80mph., always fine after restart, but I’ve lost faith in the car and VW, imagine if it happen in the fast lane of the motorway.

Do you have the same lights come on, on the dashboard? Have you found a solution?

quink

MK5 GTi
Car(s)
MK5 GTi
Check the Air Filter pipe coming from the Engine cover to the engine itself.When we changed the timing belt on my GTi we couldnt get the Air Filter Pipe back on properly and it worked itself loose. It also came up on Vag-Com as Mass Air Flow Meter Fault, Engine Bank 1 Fuel Pressure and something else.

nutmegit

nutmegit
Car(s)
golf gti mk3
running problem/no power

hi i work for vw and i have had the same fault on a 1.6 fsi mk5 golf it ened up being the fuel pump/lift pump in the petrol tank. hope this helps.

matt a

Ready to race!
I had a similar problem on my GT TDI, an intermittent and sudden loss of power, it was the throttle pedal sensor. (although it did bring up a fault code)

topper6972

mk5 fsi gt

MK5 Golf 2.0 FSI 2004 manual that cuts out intermittently (sudden loss of power). When it happens I get 2 lights on the dash board "EPC" and "Traction control". If I pull over and restart the engine everything is fine. I’ve took it back to VW dealer several times, but they can’t find any faults. The dealer has changed various bits but 3 years on it still happens, sometimes not for months, but it’s very scary and dangerous when it does happen. It’s happened about 10 times in 3 years (most recently, 3 nights ago), there’s no pattern to it, short journeys, long journeys, 30 mph and 80mph., always fine after restart, but I’ve lost faith in the car and VW, imagine if it happen in the fast lane of the motorway.

Do you have the same lights come on, on the dashboard? Have you found a solution?

same fault on my fsi 2.0 gt 2004 happened yesterday for first time have started looking into it as shit me up was on motorway.have you got any further with yours

dakk77

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKv Golf GTI
Hi Guys
My 2.0fsi gt 2004 was sorted in the end or at least the cutting out problem was, it turned out to be the fuel pump!! and this is not picked up by the computer. And no i did not get any lights on at the time, well i got the engine management light on towards the end but have been told this comes on once the fault happens a certain amount of times.
As a result of yet more problems after this i was given the choice of a free exchange to a 05 GTi ! once getting vw uk involved, they were extremly helpful.

Mark Uxbridge

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk V
I have also had this common FSI problem which is featured in Jun07 copy of Audi Driver.
The problem occurs at motorway speed under high gear at 3-4000 rpm when full throttle is applied. The full cure is to replace the entire fuel pump/regulator. My Mk V Golf GT 2.0 Fsi Auto 54 reg has so far had new fuel pump, fuel pressure sensor, fuel pump control unit, Nox ecu & sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, fuel filter, plus 2 new coil packs. Cost £1200. I have just completed my first problem free 450 mile motorway trip.

ahernandez4110

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same problem, the problem was the Diverted Valve was broken and stuck... I had it replace and the problem is now gone for ever... :thumbsup:

ahernandez4110

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same problem, the problem was the Diverted Valve was broken and stuck... I had it replace and the problem is now gone for ever... :thumbsup:

I HAVE A 2004 MK5 GOLF GT. 2.0 FSI MANUAL, I BOUGHT IT BACK IN JANUARY FROM A VW DEALER IN MILTON KEYNES, SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD A CRACKED RADIATOR, FAULTY A/C AND BULB OUT WARNING PROBLEMS, ALL OF WHICH HAVE BEEN SORTED.
HOWEVER THE LATEST IS IN MY OPINION VERY SCARY, THE CAR LOOSES POWER INTERMITTENTLY IT STARTED IF I SHIFTED UP TO 6TH FROM 5TH INITIALLY. HAD FAULT CODES READ NO FAULTS THEN THEY SEEMED TO THINK IT WAS A FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM SO THEY CHANGED VARIOUS BITS THEN THEY SEEMED TO THINK IT WAS THE IGNITION WITH An INTERMITTENT FAULT AND ORDERED An ECU THEN THE ECU COULDN'T BE PROGRAMED!!!
ALL SEEMED WELL UNTIL MID SEPTEMBER AND I PULLED OUT FROM A JUNCTION AND BAM!! NO POWER AGAIN, I CONTACTED VW AND THE BASICALLY SAID IF I CAN REPRODUCE THE FAULT THEY WILL FIX IT??? THE FAULT IS A FEELING LIKE THE REV LIMITED HAS CUT IN AND THE THROTTLE PEDAL IS DEAD FOR ABOUT 30SECS OR SO IT DOES NOT SEEM TO MATTER WHAT GEAR I'M IN DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS BECAUSE MY LOCAL DEALER SEEMS UNABLE TO FIX THE CAR IF THE COMPUTER SAYS NO !! THEY SEEM LOST?? WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE THROTTLE IS DEAD AND NEITHER SPEED OR RPM INCREASES.
in addition i drove the car today on a road test b4 taking it out with the technician problem occurred about 11 times in 1hr 26mins of motorway driving. resulting in complete loss of power and no recovery. pull over to hard shoulder in neutral car will not get above 2600rpm static phoned vw assist and dealer i thought "great at last" this should tell them once and for all what the fault really is, however after 20mins and when the vw sent rac bloke arrived it was fkin fine grrrrrrrrr, however as i was 9miles from dealer rac bloke said he would follow the car juddered and lost power again but this time as the many before it regained power but the engine management light came on a first also so i thought gr8 suggests a fault for vw. took it in to them they said the computer says its a fuel pressure sensor? they have changed this less than a month ago its still under warrenty you see. im wondering if the fault is something else causing this it sounds just as describe at the beging of this thread any ideas???