GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can anyone give me some tips?

want2buy1

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I'm looking to buy the new GTI, Heard it has great handling on tight turns. If i get this car are there any aftermarket parts you could suggest? Like replacing the turbocharger it currently has and ne exhaust modification advice would be great. Also, any other cars i could look into but i really love the new GTI =)

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
First thing i would do is suspension. Shocks and springs, or coilovers. You can do springs, but the stock shocks will eventually blow out. Afterwards, look into getting a chip. APR, Revo, GIAC. A turboback exhaust and an intake are other good mods.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I totally agree with the above. This car has some great stock power. When it handles better and can take turns quicker, everything is going to "feel" faster. I would first do suspension work.

After doing this if you still desire more power, get a chip. It's the best mod you can do for the money. All brands are about equal in terms of gains and cost. After this maybe do an exhaust and intake. I'd probably wait a little while and see what other kinds of exhaust and intake come out though, as right now the choices are somewhat limited. This is my plan.

There are days when I'm so happy with the car that I consider doing nothing but cosmetic mods. Then other days I wish it had 50+ more HP.:laugh:

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
MHS216 said:
There are days when I'm so happy with the car that I consider doing nothing but cosmetic mods. Then other days I wish it had 50+ more HP.:laugh:

i feel the same way. the car makes enough power for me, for now. Compared to my old chipped 1.8t (longitudal 1.8t), the 2.0t is much quicker, without the chip.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
want2buy1 said:
I'm looking to buy the new GTI, Heard it has great handling on tight turns. If i get this car are there any aftermarket parts you could suggest? Like replacing the turbocharger it currently has and ne exhaust modification advice would be great. Also, any other cars i could look into but i really love the new GTI =)

TIP #1: Read the posts in the engine forum (http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)

TIP #2: Read the posts in the suspension forum (http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)

TIP #3: Get Good Insurance

:headbang:

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
i would suggest you to go spend money for an instructor to show you how to drive a car, get some track experience, increase your skills, and then you will determine what needs to be done on the vehicle.

But of course, you won't listen, anyways, i suggest a rear sway and chip for your car, then you can lower it for visual appetite

want2buy1

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Maybe you guys could give me some well known brands for example:

Aftermarket Turbochargers:??
Exhaust systems:??
Intake systems:??

I really want to know what i can work with before i get it. I have a 1995 supra in my garage that is completely tubned but has a larger variety of aftermarket parts. Too bad I cant drive it yet, mom says its "too mature" for me meaning its too fast and she thinks its unsafe =( so again any extra advice would be great and thank you to everyone who posted before.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
scuderiavw said:
i would suggest you to go spend money for an instructor to show you how to drive a car, get some track experience, increase your skills, and then you will determine what needs to be done on the vehicle.

But of course, you won't listen, anyways, i suggest a rear sway and chip for your car, then you can lower it for visual appetite

That's sound advice! That's what I did with my '83 GTI when she was new. Did a weekend Autox School. Then slowy made changes. The rear sway bar idea is great too... get rid of that understeer!:thumbsup:

Supratgti

GTI Sold
want2buy1 said:
Maybe you guys could give me some well known brands for example:

Aftermarket Turbochargers:??
Exhaust systems:??
Intake systems:??

I really want to know what i can work with before i get it. I have a 1995 supra in my garage that is completely tubned but has a larger variety of aftermarket parts. Too bad I cant drive it yet, mom says its "too mature" for me meaning its too fast and she thinks its unsafe =( so again any extra advice would be great and thank you to everyone who posted before.

you have a 95 supra in your garage and you cant drive it cause your mom wont let you? do you own the car or your parents?

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Tips:

1. Don't pick your nose on a bumpy road.

2. If your friends catch you riding a scooter, be prepared for eternal ribbing until they ride it and realize they are an absolute blast (even at -35C in the middle of the night, but that's another thread)

Why do I seldom see anyone talking about brakes? Even just putting steel braided lines will improve braking enough to notice. Better brakes=more speed deeper in the corners. More speed in=more speed out= see ya!

MMD

Oval Champion
want2buy1 said:
Maybe you guys could give me some well known brands I have a 1995 supra in my garage that is completely tubned but has a larger variety of aftermarket parts. Too bad I cant drive it yet, mom says its "too mature" for me meaning its too fast and she thinks its unsafe =( so again any extra advice would be great and thank you to everyone who posted before.

after that post ^

i'm totally agree with u scuderiavw :wink:

scuderiavw said:

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
GIAC (Chip)
Milltek Turboback exhaust
good tires

My 1st 3 mods. Couldn't be happier

There aren't any turbokits out yet