GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nitrous on 2.0t

zack72103

What Warranty?
Has anyone sprayed a 2.0t yet?

I was thinking about a 50-75-100 dry shot after the warranty expires. I am curious if the "air tumblers" in the intake manifold would cause puddling or problems of any sort.
:burnrubber

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
dont get a chip if you plan on using nitrous. Advanced timing + nitrous = boom.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Kirium said:
I thought only ricers used NOS.

no. but on most tracks they dont let you do it, because if it gets on the track it is a bitch to clean up. but ive seen every car use the juice. "NOS" is a brand btw, people tend to use it as a general term for nitrous.. i personally wouldn't use it on my car, im not one for unreliable power boosts, i enjoy consistancy in my car.

:smoking:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I've never seen nitrous associated with "real" sports and performance cars... Only fast & furious wannabes that want to street race. :thumbdown: As you mentioned, it's banned in almost any actual form of motorsport, including drag racing...

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
i knew this thread would come about sooner or later...my feeling on the whole thing is...

DO IT!....but seriously....there isnt a damn thing wrong with nitrous...i had nitrous in my Si before i got my GTI and it was a low 13's et all motor and 12's et's with nitrous...never had any issues with the nitrous even when the car was stock with i/h/e and a clutch

u just need to make sure that its installed correctly and that the correct measures are taken for the fuel and timing needs when the car is on nitrous

ive been thinking about installing a nice little 80 or so shot on my car later down the road just to give a nice little kick when needed

also MOST drag strips request that u have a blow down tube for your nitrous bottle incase of anything happening...like bottle pressure gets too high or if u wreck...and btw nitrous isnt hard to clean up being its a gas and just evaporates into the air

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
^ very true.

Nitrous has been portrayed very badly by F&F. Nitrous is, in fact, very safe when installed and used correctly.

AntiRice292

Drag Racing Champion
I think GTIs run real high fuel pressure beacuse of FSI. I think this would be a little bit of a problem with nitrous kits as they usually tap off your fuel rail to get the added fuel they need. Im not an expert on the FSI system so please correct me if im wrong.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
AntiRice292 said:
I think GTIs run real high fuel pressure beacuse of FSI. I think this would be a little bit of a problem with nitrous kits as they usually tap off your fuel rail to get the added fuel they need. Im not an expert on the FSI system so please correct me if im wrong.

i dont see how the FSI having a high fuel pressure would hinder a nitrous system...for a nitrous system to run proper without having any problems u would need to raise the fuel pressure anyways...so in a way FSI might actually be a good thing for these engines

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
i have a nitrous kit lying around and have no use for it.. lol. got it for my old focus but not sure i want to install it in this car.. probobly see what happens to someone else before i go ahead with the install

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
scuderiavw said:
nitrous + forced induction motors= suicide.

:laugh: why do u say that?...there are plenty of forced induction motors that handle nitrous well

plus...this isnt a car u put like a 100shot on...this car u put alittle 50-60 shot on and let it do its thing

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
i had a real bad experince with a 75 shot on my cars 04 Mini Cooper S, we melted everything, and then cost the poor guy close to $6K to put everything back together, and of course, neither my frined nor i were true professionals. On the other side, lot of Subie guys experienced engine failures with NOS. All honestly, i prefer a bigger turbo over nitrous, i know different things, but again....