GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine management?

Supratgti

GTI Sold
I was thinking about getting mine chipped also but seeing the prices and seeing how much they really give for whp im thinking i might wait till they do go down cause 800+ bucks for 50 hp thats if ur lucky on the chip seems wayyyyy to pricey.

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
Supratgti said:
I was thinking about getting mine chipped also but seeing the prices and seeing how much they really give for whp im thinking i might wait till they do go down cause 800+ bucks for 50 hp thats if ur lucky on the chip seems wayyyyy to pricey.

APR software is $600

Revo software is $450 both give about the same gains

Supratgti

GTI Sold
Rabbit82 said:
APR software is $600

Revo software is $450 both give about the same gains

Ive heard Revo once stoled APRs software.

APR is 600 yes but need to add the flip switch to go back to stock is another 149... so thats 750 right there plus the company that you go to flash the ecu might charge for install.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Supratgti said:
Ive heard Revo once stoled APRs software.

APR is 600 yes but need to add the flip switch to go back to stock is another 149... so thats 750 right there plus the company that you go to flash the ecu might charge for install.

Many that worked for APR began Revo. GIAC is the best IMHO.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
GTiMkVtyler said:
I just want to get exhaust installed with down pipes and I can't do that without engine management. This is the only downfall of owning a 2006. Time is killing me.

umm...may i ask u why u cant put on an exhaust unless u have a chip?

u can do anything u want to the car...it doesnt need a chip...so if u wanted to just do an exhaust...then u can....only an intake?...ok not a problem

a chip would just be a smart mod to do...but its not needed

ABT_V_GTI

Go Kart Newbie
06_TR_GTI said:
Where can you buy the AMD software?

How about Milltek and APR? That was the combo I was thinking of getting...

good point! sorry i can't help u out... cuz i'm not from the NA region...
but i know AMD is from England and u can check it on their site if they have any avaliable dealer near u...

Milltek with APR ECU i think it would work as well... it's better to mod the hardware first be fore upgrading the ECU... so u wouldn;t have to update ur ECU everytime when u have new hardwares on...

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Freek said:
umm...may i ask u why u cant put on an exhaust unless u have a chip?

u can do anything u want to the car...it doesnt need a chip...so if u wanted to just do an exhaust...then u can....only an intake?...ok not a problem

a chip would just be a smart mod to do...but its not needed

You can, but you won't get the peak performance from your exhaust without some chip tunning. I talked with APR about getting a group exhaust/tuning buy setup, and am trying to plan a South East Mk5 cruise to there factory, to get exhaust installed and tuning done for disocunted prices. The guy from APR told me that when you enlarge the diameter of the exhaust you can achieve optimal results by setting up the software for a specific engine management style. If you already have APR the re-tunning to accomadate the exhuast is free. If you don't have APR you'll have to get flashed.

:headbang:

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
what kind of HP do you think I would have with a Milltek non-resonnated exhaust, Milltek downpipe and APR ECU? I also heard a BOV can add like 1 or 2 HP...is this true?
I'm thinking of getting the Forge Motorsport Switchable Atmospheric Blow Off Valve. Don't really know much about blow off valves....:iono:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
You can, but you won't get the peak performance from your exhaust without some chip tunning. I talked with APR about getting a group exhaust/tuning buy setup, and am trying to plan a South East Mk5 cruise to there factory, to get exhaust installed and tuning done for disocunted prices. The guy from APR told me that when you enlarge the diameter of the exhaust you can achieve optimal results by setting up the software for a specific engine management style. If you already have APR the re-tunning to accomadate the exhuast is free. If you don't have APR you'll have to get flashed.

:headbang:

yea bro i know all about mods and making a car fast...lol

i was asking him cuz he said he CANT add an exhaust unless he has an engine managment...which is untrue