GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UPDATE ON STAGE 1 TURBO KIT FROM APR!!

MaliciouS GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, so heres the deal, I just called APR and they said they will be releasing the first turbo stage kit for the GTI within two months from now. It will give you 300 to 350hp for your GTI!!!:eyebulge: :eyebulge: They guy also mentioned that a stage 3 will be released twoards the end of the year, if not, then the first quarter of next year which will give you 400+hp:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: . With those kind of numbers, your going to need some serious grippage for a FWD GTI. Now for cost................around $3400 for the stage 1 kit. As for the stage 2 or 3...N/A.

For all you DSG owners....your basically out of luck with this kit. APR said that DSG cannot handle all the torque your getting from the kit. If you go passed 300, you`ll end up trashing the DSG. But he did mention that there might be DSG UPGRADES later on this year...But to be on the safe side, stick with a stick.(MANUAL)

PS. Correct me if im wrong about anything I said

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
So much for the warranty.

Hell with a chip, high-flow cat, complete exhaust you already are getting about 265 neighborhood and that's fast enough!
Can't imagine the grip being there to handle it? And I won't be giving up my DSG evar!

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
I've heard reports of the DSG being able to handle up to 400lb-ft.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
im not worried...in the coming months u will see TONS of upgrade for our cars...be it DSG or 6sp

im like Wild Hare...i havent givin up on the DSG power capibiltes yet either

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Its not the DSG portion of the transmission that cannot handle the power, It is components of the manual transmission that VW has chosen for the application that cannot handle it.

Keep in mind DSG is also available on the Bugatti Veyron, and that car produces a whole heck of alot more torque then the Gti!

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
x2:thumbsup:

i do not like so much wheel spin, that is waste of power I promise. But good improvement over stock

Wild Hare said:
So much for the warranty.

Hell with a chip, high-flow cat, complete exhaust you already are getting about 265 neighborhood and that's fast enough!
Can't imagine the grip being there to handle it? And I won't be giving up my DSG evar!

BDP

Passed Driver's Ed
$3400 for a few more ponies over a bolt on car doesn't seem quite worth it to me.

Maybe if it was priced around the same as the MKIV K04 upgrade would it be almost worth the cash.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Well I spoke to a program engineer and he said that there is a difference in the two transmissions, and the mating input / output shafts that VW uses in this application probably wont stand up very long once you get in that hight torque range. He said the Bugatti veyron uses super stront re-enforced mating shafts for the interface as well as a 9 layer clutch pack for each gearset. So he said that yes the DSG can handle super high torque, but the OEM has to do some modifications to the system.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
That's some cash for that kit. The eotingger(sp) is going for 2300 with exhaust and dp, and already make 310hp & 316tq at the wheels.

The full apr exhaust kit alone costs 1300 bux and I already think that's a lot.

I've had a fwd with 320whp and 280wtq in my old spec-v turbo, its not worth a damn from a launch.

Anything over 250whp or tq on a fwd car is overkill.

alf

Accel

Rally Car Champion
alf said:
That's some cash for that kit. The eotingger(sp) is going for 2300 with exhaust and dp, and already make 310hp & 316tq at the wheels.

I've had a fwd with 320whp and 280wtq in my old spec-v turbo, its not worth a damn from a launch.

alf

Tell that to Dodge, the Caliber SRT-4 is coming factory with 300hp in a F/F setup.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Accel said:
Tell that to Dodge, the Caliber SRT-4 is coming factory with 300hp in a F/F setup.
that is why they are retarded for putting that much power on such a crappy chassis. and they want to focus it towards families, it will never work.

thats all it oculd possibly handle, dont forget that the new SRT-4 caliber has an aluminum block, opposed to the Neon SRT-4 which had a cast iron block like us VW's.

alf

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
x2:thumbsup:

alf said:

alf