GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BOV Question

dogg2k78

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm a Honda guy but my girl just bought a new GTI!!! Man the car is great, but where can i get a BOV for the gti and how much do they normally go for? I have an extra BOV from my turbo kit will that work?

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
no dont try it it wont work

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
a normal bov wont work. get a forge bov. its just an adapter plate that spaces out the electronic diverter valve. similar to the mopar bov for the srt 4.

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
how come we cant install a BOV, can we install a diverter valve b/c forge is selling an adjustable valve on their website?

06gtimkv said:
how come we cant install a BOV, can we install a diverter valve b/c forge is selling an adjustable valve on their website?

I have the Forge one on my car.....sounds pretty cool i bought it at velocityfactor.net for 65 bucks......taxes and shipping.....79.90

dogg2k78

Passed Driver's Ed
2k6Tornado_Red_MK5 said:
I have the Forge one on my car.....sounds pretty cool i bought it at velocityfactor.net for 65 bucks......taxes and shipping.....79.90

If i get this installed by the dealership will I be able to keep my warranty?

dogg2k78 said:
If i get this installed by the dealership will I be able to keep my warranty?

nah man....it's too easy to have the dealer do it. takes like 15-20 minutes. if you buy it, it comes with instruction and you also have the DIY on here. you dont need the extension all you need is a small 1/4 inch ratchet a 3 in. extension for the socket and the 4mm allen tip. the only thing that will give you trouble is the damn electric connection it's pretty easy, with a flat blade SD just slide it in the tiny little open space that it clips on. I got pissed after the 10 minutes i spent trying to ease it off.....but then it just clips right off. there is plenty of room down there for a small ratchet. I burned a little spot on my arm from the damn Oil pan so let the car cool off or just do it before you drive it.

jhayregz said:
well i would say it takes about that short amount of time if you have the car lifted high
for me took an hour cause i barely had any room underneathe, its better to have a ramp than jacks and supports

Yeah, the reason it was easy for me was i used to work at a lube center. just jumped in the pit and got to work