GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Superior chip...

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
I'm sure people have done research comparing different chips, and was wondering which is the best one to go with. I'm leaning towards APR, but have heard a lot of good things about Revo as well.

Just thought I would ask the experts....

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
GIAC has more ummph! The best IMHO. Heard of problems lately with Revo and APR.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
if ur a geek - REVO
if ur a barbarian - GIAC
if ur a pretty boy - APR

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
blackmkv said:
if ur a geek - REVO
if ur a barbarian - GIAC
if ur a pretty boy - APR

Good analogy there I concour!

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Here's an easy 2 parter question:
Where is the nearest VW shop that you trust, and which of these software upgrades do they sell?
Otherwise ask an easy question like what flavor of ice cream is the best (naturally it's pralines and cream :wink: )

mkfast5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
BMP MK5
gaic

i got giacs 93 program , i have had it for a few weeks now and its definatly aggressive and running smooth no problems at all, still waitin to find an srt 4 to see where i stand , but go with giac

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
blackmkv said:
if ur a geek - REVO
if ur a barbarian - GIAC
if ur a pretty boy - APR
What:iono: :iono: :iono:
I hope someone doesn't take that too serious. Do you have them all? Or have you? My APR runs like a champ with no flaws and I don't think it runs like a "pretty boy" with 252hp and 303 torque. Anyways......:thumbdown:
P.S. APR is well known for being one of the best/most reliable tuners of VW and Audi alike. Oh yeah, Porsche too. Later. Just visit www.goapr.com

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Kurupt-MK5 said:
yea but GIAC is known for being all around badass
Maybe so...but I don't see there website claiming the power gains that APR does. At least that's how I read it.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
kirk180 said:
What:iono: :iono: :iono:
I hope someone doesn't take that too serious. Do you have them all? Or have you? My APR runs like a champ with no flaws and I don't think it runs like a "pretty boy" with 252hp and 303 torque. Anyways......:thumbdown:
P.S. APR is well known for being one of the best/most reliable tuners of VW and Audi alike. Oh yeah, Porsche too. Later. Just visit www.goapr.com
i wasn't tryin to offend anyone. just tryin to be a bit funny. ne wayz yea ive seen every type of software/chip on these cars and thats why i gave it that analogy. APR extremely safe and always looks good on paper and performs well (pretty boy), GIAC spikes higher boost then all of the rest and eliminates "LIMP" (Barbaric), Revo has alot of tuning capabilities and requires some good laptop time in the car to get the best results, especially when you go bigger turbo (Geek). hope this clears up my reasons for saying that..:wink: Also all the chips are really safe.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
revo is the way to go i was all about apr but then i found out you can do your own boost and timing on the revo stuff that means you can be cruising around and just cut the boost for fuel efficiency, then sumone pulls up just turn up the boost, stupidly easy and just fun plus u have a 100 octane mode as well :)

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
it all depends on what your purposes are on a chip mode. I drive my car daily and really enjoy the extra power APR gave me. If i was into hardcore tuning, i would probably turn direction towards REVO. GIAC, nothing but bad experiences from my Mini Cooper days, maybe it is different on VW world.