GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni STR.T's FINALLY released!!!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah someone had PM'd me asking about dampers for their GTI and I looked on ECS and they were on there

I would've probably had them on my GTI had they been out before....but I got coilovers coming for the CC now

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Ive had them on my integra for close to 3 years (60k miles) with no issues. They arent "built" by Koni, fyi. But excellent strut/shock for the $$ imo.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
KYB? Tokico? Sachs? Fujiwara Industries? (gulp) Monroe?

You know I dont remember. I researched it when I purschased them way back then. I searched for a minute and couldn't find anything but Id put $$ on it that was the conclusion back when they came out. I think they even say "designed by koni" on the shock iirc.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
I just got yellows recently, but good find! :thumbsup:

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Thinking about getting them and the dg springs.

I have to say, I am interested in how they pair up. If Koni got the STR.Ts right, they will have a mega-winner on their hands. The set it and forget it bliss...

I support your thought. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

penpal

Srs Bzns
Car(s)
07 GTI , 12 R, 18 R
I have to say, I am interested in how they pair up. If Koni got the STR.Ts right, they will have a mega-winner on their hands. The set it and forget it bliss...

I support your thought. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Ya I think these are great for the price and lifetime warranty but I hope these are firm enough.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Any reason why you don't wanna run the DG springs with the stock dampers?

The DG springs & stockers paired up pretty well, IMO

Most likely that's what I will do for now. Just not sure how long can the stock dampers last with the dg springs. I have 30k miles on the car now.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
The dyno charts are out for the Miata application.
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=392794
But until you dyno the one for MKV it's just guess work.

It looks like they are pretty much as advertised from the small amount of data we have so far but as mentioned in that thread, that dyno plot only goes to 4.5 in/sec so you can't really tell how it will ride over bumps etc.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Most likely that's what I will do for now. Just not sure how long can the stock dampers last with the dg springs. I have 30k miles on the car now.

30k & new springs is not a wise decision. They might work short term, but long term you'd be smart to put something else in there.

As our MKVs rack up the miles, it will be increasingly less likely that the dampers will have fewer than 10k miles on them. In which case, spend the $ on new dampers. Its the 'first time right' way to do it.