GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did anyone tried EBC on GTI?

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Electrical Boost Controller is the one what I want to put it on to my GTI. Since I have been monitoring my boost guage, it seldom stables at 1.0bar. I assume 1.2-1.3bar is possible without any chip-tune, but if I add EBC.

So, did anyone tried/planning EBC or MBC on your ride? :burnrubber:

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Ive actually never seen a Euro car with a EBC for some reason. I actually have a Blitz SBC-ID III from my old car which I have been thinking of selling because I thought it just wasn't appropriate to use in the GTI, but then again I never really understood why people don't use any type of boost control system?

Is it because boost levels can be adjusted by an aftermarket chip?

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Me neither saw Euro car with EBC... My previous car was VW PASSAT 1.8T with Wett chip and using various N75 versions.

After I spent some YEN importing some N75s, I remembered N75 has same function EBC! How stupid I was to forgot this!

So, this time I'd like to challenge EBC on my GTI. ECU is smarter than Passat ECU, so it might go into limp mode... or maybe blow my turbo. If any of you had some experience using EBC, I'd like to know the TIPs.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
My friend runs a profec on his 1.8t, so it is possible, and not uncommon actually.

However the 2.0t is a different animal. With the electronic controlled bypass valve, there may be a need to be more elaborate with fooling the electronic controls, not to mention the fuel/boost control issues that may arise.

I wouldn't expect to see anything in a boost controller for quite some time, if at all.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
That's why people just get the car chipped.

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
loccusst said:
That's why people just get the car chipped.

Pre CAT and Post CAT sensor are feeding back A/F ratio to ECU, so boosting upto 1.2bar by EBC could be worth trying... Getting lean is very dangerous, I'd better add A/F meter to monitor fuel mixture.

But purchasing A/F meter and EBC, costs as same as getting chipped.:bs:

MMD

Oval Champion
Pre CAT and Post CAT sensor are feeding back A/F ratio to ECU, so boosting upto 1.2bar by EBC could be worth trying... Getting lean is very dangerous, I'd better add A/F meter to monitor fuel mixture.

But purchasing A/F meter and EBC, costs as same as getting chipped.:bs:

use vagcom ...

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Holy piss epic bump!

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
wow, super bump. like ancient bump. MMD, I think they will be taking your advice, even though its only 3 YEARS later lol :rolleyes: