GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR chip

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
hmm well that sucks, so which chip is better APR,GIAC,......

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
revo??

Faster2.0

Go Kart Champion
Damn that hurt. No really sorry. So what chip tuner is really making the power they claim? I want to see accurate dyno proof if anyone has it. All of you that have flashed your ECU's, have you dyno'd your cars or are relying on seat of the pants. It's sad the companies won't just wait and release better product instead of being the first to jack us...

GTI2007

9 of out 10 chiptuners only measure the power on the fly wheel, not the power on the wheels. Normally you loose something of 15 to 20% between the flywheel and the wheels so to have for example 280 HP onto your wheels you have to have something of 330 HP onto your flywheel and that's an awful lot of power for a 2.0T engine.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Revo for the win. unlike GIAC and APR, which both just throw a map at the cars ECU, Revo lets u fine tune the boost, timing and fuel for optimum power.

alf

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
The whole thing was, that the 200 h.p on the sticker of the GTI is "supposed" to be at the crank. So there is no way, as they were getting almost 200 at the wheels. So VW has underrated it's h.p. It makes more that 200 at the flywheel...this is good news...not bad

GTI2007

According to the dyno graph of Milltek the standard GTI has 139.7 HP wheel power while having 205.8 HP engine power and 200.1 HP corrected power. While the tuned GTI of Milltek has 196.3 HP wheelpower while having 269.3 HP engine power and 264.1 HP corrected power On the other hand did the torque rose from 228 lbs-ft on the standard GTI to 304.6 lbs-ft on the tuned GTI. So if you put these figures side to side you see a rise of 64 HP and 76.5 lbs-ft by chipping and a turboback exhaust.

Last edited:

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
According to the dyno graph of Milltek the standard GTI has 139.7 HP wheel power while having 205.8 HP engine power and 200.1 HP corrected power. While the tuned GTI of Milltek has 196.3 HP wheelpower while having 269.3 HP engine power and 264.1 HP corrected power On the other hand did the torque rose from 228 lbs-ft on the standard GTI to 304.6 lbs-ft on the tuned GTI. So if you put these figures side to side you see a rise of 64 HP and 76.5 lbs-ft by chipping and a turboback exhaust.

I don't buy the 140 whp number. There are lots of guys here in the US that have dynoed out at 178-200whp. Kinda makes those Milltek claims less impressive. Granted any improvement is cool! I just worry about the DSG cars and the torque issues.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
9 of out 10 chiptuners only measure the power on the fly wheel, not the power on the wheels. Normally you loose something of 15 to 20% between the flywheel and the wheels so to have for example 280 HP onto your wheels you have to have something of 330 HP onto your flywheel and that's an awful lot of power for a 2.0T engine.

Front drive loss should be 12-14% across all makers. Quattro cars are closer to 22-24% driveline loss.

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
azmcs said:
I don't buy the 140 whp number. There are lots of guys here in the US that have dynoed out at 178-200whp. Kinda makes those Milltek claims less impressive. Granted any improvement is cool! I just worry about the DSG cars and the torque issues.

im just wondering. how come some of the gti's dyno near 180whp and others put out 200whp? thats a pretty big difference. shouldn't they all be averaging the same power when stock? :iono:

GTI2007

azmcs said:

And how much of their cars were bone stock like with the dyno of the standard GTI from Milltek??