GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Too Hot?

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone had this happen? My cars temp guage goes to 190 ( right in the middle ) withing minutes of starting my car....like under 5 minutes. And it gets hot in the car....but the guage doesn't go anywhere to indicate overheating....am I just being nervous, or is my car getting too hot too quick?

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
the beauty of german cars, they warm up really quick! its normal and have nothing to worry about.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Move to Minot North Dakota!

Seriously, contact your dealer and share with them.

drbubble33

Drag Racing Champion
i think its just the adrenalin from driving a german car. make sure your climate control is not on "econ" cause ive noticed that makes my car warmer than usual.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Thats normal as far as the heat goes, and unless you have the climate control on and or set to econ, (all german cars do this) air will be piped in from outside unless you manually close the vents, it's just something you have to learn to live with, it dosnt bother me in the slightest.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
mine never hits 190 that fast i drive for 2 or 3 miles befor it gets to normal operating temp. Heat without the heat on sounds strage to me. If the temp control is all the way to cold and your getting heat in the cabin, sounds like something is wrong to me. I let mine warm up every day befor work and it runs for at least 5 minutes and the temp still isnt at the middle of the gage till i drive for a bit. Sounds like a stuck thermostate or sumthing to me.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
My car gets really hot inside to, i really dont think its much to worry about. As fasr as temp goes, my mom owned 2 BMWs and my sister had one, every BMW dealer said "dont worry about the temp. these cars will run safe even when they are touching the red" that sounded a little odd to me, but who knows.

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
yeah same thing with me. i can feel the heat right by my feet. highly doubt its anything to worry about tho. unlees you start smelling smoke, then you should pop the door open and tuck and roll.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
might be from the turbo or cat conv. i reckon. SO far i feel no heat in mine thou. Sounds strange to me. I havent been going over 5000 rpms thou till i get some miles on her.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
The tech here at my dealership has the 6 speed, and his takes much longer to heat up, but gets some heat inside the cabin...he told me that it's a good thing if the car heats up very fast...that's the plan....but not if it goes past the middle or into the red...which mine never moves from the middle.