GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG COM - How To Measure Actual Boost

dbongaduce

I lika da sauce
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hello - I tried searching, but didnt find what I was looking for. Can someone let me know how I log actual vs. expected boost in the vag-com? I found this: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/110-119.html but I am unsure of which blocks to log since the description is about the same for most of them. I heard block 115, but can someone confirm? Any help is appreciated.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Also, you can use adv. measurement block and get more data as well as see exactly what each ones are.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
114-4 N75
115-3 Specified Boost
115-4 Actual Boost

N75 is also important when logging boost. Take note of atmospheric pressure and in excel you do (mbar value-atmospheric)*.0145 = PSI.

lnghrngti

Ready to race!
not the threadjack but...

are any of you guys using micro-can or hex? i'm no longer able to use turbo mode on my micro-can which i think is really lame.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

dbongaduce

I lika da sauce
Car(s)
2015 GTI
114-4 N75
115-3 Specified Boost
115-4 Actual Boost

N75 is also important when logging boost. Take note of atmospheric pressure and in excel you do (mbar value-atmospheric)*.0145 = PSI.

Wow, great stuff! Thanks. Once I determine PSI from the forumla above, what does that number tell me? I realize the N75 maintains boost pressure on the wastegate, but I want to be sure I am understanding what these numbers are telling me.

Thanks again for your help!

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Wow, great stuff! Thanks. Once I determine PSI from the forumla above, what does that number tell me? I realize the N75 maintains boost pressure on the wastegate, but I want to be sure I am understanding what these numbers are telling me.

Thanks again for your help!

No problem. PSI is just the unit most people are familiar with. I like to convert to it but if you'd like you can leave it in mbar. The main thing you want to look for is actual meeting specified. And typically you'll want to see N75 values high as the turbo is spooling, dropping as you're coming up on peak boost so you don't spike, and then gradually declining through the gear.

Here's one of my old stock wastegate actuator logs to show you what a healthy boost/75 log looks like, this one is actually pretty damn good compared to most of the APR boost logs I've seen.